-Caveat Lector-

Gentle Readers:
SkeptiNews production has been curtailed due to technical difficulties.
This time my implants didn't misfire, I wasn't abducted by Reptoids for
reprocessing, nothing like that - rather, minions of the Dark Lord aka
Bill Gates have moved to shut me down, in the guise of sending Win98 off
to neverneverland from my ratty old laptop.  It's taken me days just to
get that machine to talk with its roommate, via DOS & COMMO - zowie, I
haven't fired that stuff up for a LONG time.  Anyway, I'm staggering
around in Win98's "safe mode", slowly porting Net/Mail files over a
nullmodem link, so maybe I'll be able to resume after the weekend.  It
hasn't helped that a massive brushfire upwind has seriously damaged the
Bay Area air quality, clogging respiration and impairing cerebration.
Hmmm, maybe my implant's fouled with soot - I'll have to scrub it.
Cya --Ric