-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 991101b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

: Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
: Nothing contained herein is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy or meaning.
: No theological disputes were resolved during production of this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Earth, Venus, Mercury are HOLLOW! http://www.hollowplanets.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# REFORMATION OVER - Churches end salvation dispute. AUGSBURG, Germany (AP)
  Putting aside 5 centuries of schismic bickering, Roman Catholic & Lutheran
  church leaders embraced as they signed a declaration ending a dispute over
  salvation that sparked the Protestant Reformation and led to the 30 Years
  War. From the Vatican, Pope John Paul II gloated at the Protestant cave-in
  - see http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561865456-921

: Has your sect been recently re-absorbed by the belief system you schismed
from violently? Do you regret your disputes? Will you submit to authority?

@ How 2 trigger/re-access your mindcontrol victims in public:
  http://members.aol.com/smartnews/page5/NBpresentation99.htm
@ "Persuasion and Brainwashing Techniques Being Used on the Public
  Today:" http://www.magnet.ch/serendipity/sutphen/brainwsh.html
 _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# American Crop Circles Warn Of Coming Earth Changes. At least 4 American
  crop circles have pointed to catastrophic earthquakes by latitudes and
  longitudes at which they appeared, and a key geometry represented by a
  triangle. Two of these crop circles in 1993, formed a triangle with the
  Sun and Moon Pyramids near Mexico City. These formations not only show a
  relationship in placement to the Mexican pyramids, but their designs
  reflect Mayan timekeeping glyphs, indicating a relationship to Mayan
  prophecies about a series of earth changes due to occur during this
  period of history. You've been warned. http://caus.org/ccr110199.htm

: Are you a nonhuman entity? Do you normally communicate with groundhuggers
by inscribing diagrams on the surface of their planet? Are all you entities
like this? Can't you just interrupt our regularly-scheduled broadcasts???
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Christian lawyer urged for Columbine. DENVER (AP) A Christian lawyer who'd
  represented a student injured in the Columbine H.S. shootings has warned
  the boy's family against hiring Jewish lawyers. "You have hired two Jewish
  attorneys, and Mr. Fieger in the past has been quoted openly ridiculing
  anyone who believed in Jesus. I know that you are committed Christians and
  I do not want you to be led astray to a position that might be a poor wit-
  ness to our Lord." He also advised self-flagellation and snake-handling.
  See http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561853007-352

: Are you an attorney? Are you more skilled in religion or law? Do you win?
Do voices in your head help you with your law work? Do they direct you to
defame members of other belief systems? Do they protect you from bad stuff?

@ Keep NSA surveillance operatives from listening to you:
  http://www.spectrum-soft.com/news/summer98/wpnoise.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Chinese medicine sources criticized. BEIJING (AP) As China looks to expand
  the global market for its traditional medicines, conservationists are try-
  ing to ensure that won't mean a greater threat to tigers, rare plants and
  other endangered wildlife often used in the remedies. Ecocide for profit -
  see http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561847168-437

: Do you include endangered lifeforms in your medical formulations? Are the
most endangered thangs also the most effective? What is the correlation??

@ Alternative History Directory: http://www.thwww.com/mrwizard/wizardAH.HTM
@ Essentialist Explanations: http://www.ccil.org/~cowan/essential.html
@ Disinformation, Disinformation: http://www.disinfo.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Silver Spheres Have English Town on UFO Alert - UFOs have been reported
  in the skies above the Yorkshire moors. Glowing silver balls hovering
  over different parts of Keighley: http://caus.org/mu103099.htm

@ UFO Mania - The U.F.O. reality, does it exist? Are they real? Is there
  enough evidence to support this!!?? Why YES!! http://www.ncircus.com/ufo/

# Tubes aka Rods. "Over the last month, my wife, sister and brother-in-law
  have independently seen the same sort of thing in our rural area: A silver
  tube several feet in length and a few inches in diameter zip across the
  road in front of them and disappear. They all insist that this tube is
  barely glimpsed before it is gone. I live in rural northeastern Utah.
  Is this anything you've ever heard of?" http://caus.org/mu102999.htm

: Do objects appear and disappear around you? Are you yourself an object
that behaves thusly? Why do you do it? How do you select your victims??
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Laser could be key part of defense. SEATTLE (AP) Across the street from a
  museum depicting the Wright brothers' flights at Kitty Hawk N.C. nearly
  100 years ago, new aviation pioneers are chasing a 21st century dream: an
  airplane armed with speed-of-light weaponry thats zaps enemy missiles in
  flight. The airborne laser is a little known but potentially vital part of
  a future defense against missile attack. The work at Boeing's development
  center is part of an effort to leap ahead of traditional approaches to
  missile defense. Nattering nabobs of negativism say it'll be an expensive
  flop like many other attempted innovations in missile defense in the past
  two decades. http://infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561863774-5d0

# Also - How airborne laser would work, all the top-secret details, look
  here: http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561863775-444

: Have you developed/build/implemented any missile-defence systems lately?
Do they work? Did aliens help you? Do you need their help? Are they messy?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Y2K-a-Rama:

# U.S. Feds say they're ready for Y2K, see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561845604-349
# Also: U.S. warns of Y2K problems abroad, see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561845605-0de
# Also: How New York prepared for Y2K, see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561863328-633
# Also: Singapore sends Y2K guide to homes, see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561842116-f29
# And: Moldova said to need $1 mln for Y2K, see
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2561868922-388
# Y2K - Millennium bug to attack S.Africa homes:
  http://iafrica.com/technology/y2k/index.htm?src_id=tmp0342

@ "Sneering at 2000 years of human achievement": http://millenniumhell.com/
@ Guide to the Millennium: http://www.everything2000.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "In the sunny summer days that preceded the outbreak of the Great War
  (or World War I, as it is so no inadequately known), a false but peaceful
   calm spread over most of Europe: emperors ruled, queens reigned, great
   ladies played, teacups clattered, and simple folk worked from dawn to
   dusk, as was right." --Donald C. Cameron

* http://sonic.net/~ric UPDATED * ICQ# 19633976 * FAX: 603-415-3736
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *