-Caveat Lector-

No antidepressive medication should be administered without an accompanying
course of one-on-one therapy, IMO. There are definitely people for whom
Prozac is a literal lifesaver. My wife is among them. But I can state
conclusively, having cared for her during her major depression, that
medication alone is a false panacea. Prozac is not right for everyone,
obviously. For the people who do need it, it can be a miracle; for the ones
who need something else, however, Prozac can be disastrous, especially if
it's prescribed as the sole answer to a patient's problems. Giving someone
Prozac without accompanying therapy is like installing a new software
program and expecting the user to understand it without any manuals or
training whatsoever.

        <snip>