-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 11/06/1999 2:00:15 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< "As our first initiative, the BRT will host a Technology Summit in May 2000
 to bring together government leaders, the national laboratories, the private
 sector and members of leading research universities, with a goal of reaching
 consensus on actions to accelerate technology development and transfer. The
 summit will focus on identifying new structures, systems and processes to
 improve technology transfer, and foster more cooperative and productive
 relationships between industry and government -- a need that has certainly
 been expressed repeatedly and forcefully here at COP5.

 "The Technology Summit has received enthusiastic support from the private and
 public sectors, and the US Congress. A consortium of national laboratories in
 the United States will be invited to participate. The Roundtable is forming a
 Steering Committee, chaired by Lawrence Papay, senior vice president and
 general manager of Bechtel, to provide leadership and strategic guidance. To
 date, Lucent, General Motors, Exxon and American Electric Power have joined
 as members of the Steering Committee. >>

Now how does that go?  Let's see.  We'll give a big party, and you will make
sure that you make laws that make us comfy and give us enormous amounts of
taxpayer dollars, some of which we will actually spend on the research we're
telling you we need to do.  Isn't it comforting to know that Bechtel, Lucent,
General Motors, Exxon and American Electric Power will be steering us into
the 2lst Century?  Prudy