The following was given to us when we received our new copy machine:

                                                      WARNING!

This machine is subject to breakdowns during times of critical need. A special circuit in the machine called a "Criticality Detector" senses the operator's emotional state in terms of how desperate they are to use the machine. The "CD" then creates a malfunction proportional to the desperation of the operator. Threatening the machine with violence, or using foul language towards it, only aggravates the situation. Likewise, attempts to use another machine will also cause it to malfunction. They belong to the same union. Keep cool and say nice things to the machine. Nothing else seems to work.

NEVER LET ANYTHING MECHANICAL KNOW THAT YOU ARE IN A HURRY.

Kelly wrote:

 -Caveat Lector-

Tatman, Robert wrote:

snip...