From:                   "Linda Muller" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To:                     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Date sent:              Tue, 23 Nov 1999 10:02:40 -0500
Subject:                [BRIGADE] H1-B Thanksgiving

Dear Brigade,

As we prepare to enjoy Thanksgiving, let us also remember the many
American's who have become jobless due to the H1-b foreign worker import
program.  BTW - In case you were wondering whether the major GOP
candidates were concerned about our American workers:

Sen. John McCain -  "I am proud to have been an original co-sponsor of
this bill,  which would raise the temporary visa  cap for skilled foreign
workers." He voted against an ammendment that would have prohibited U.S.
firms from using  H-1Bs to replace Americans.

George W. Bush - Announced that he supports H-1B. As of 9/15/99 Bush had
received $380,000 from computer industry executives.

Steve Forbes -  Forbes said the cap on visas for skilled, foreign-born
workers should be increased to help companies faced with staffing
shortages.

Here is what Pat has to say:

Pat Buchanan - "Do our high-tech firms need 60,000 new foreign workers, or
do they just  prefer pliable Asian guest workers to middle-aged Americans?
 ....  Our manufacturing sector is already showing signs of a slowdown.
Exports are falling, and the Asian import tsunami has not yet hit. If the
economy turns turtle just as 115,000 guest workers start replacing
Americans in high-tech jobs and shouldering aside our college graduates,
the GOP will be risking in 2000 a repeat of '96 and '92. How many times
does the elephant have to get hit with a two-by-four?" - PJB 9/4/98

Here are 2 emails from our friend Gene Nelson - fyi.

Linda