-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 991129d - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* No international trade wonks were harmed to produce this bulletin. Yet.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Whatever... http://www.whatever.org
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Prophets making profits? (IAFRICA) Lots of people are reading the Signs
  of the Times and saying the end of the world is at hand. But do we need
  these prophets of doom? Aren't they just exploiting our fears of the
  future? http://iafrica.com/forum/index.htm?src_id=tmp0334

: Who's your favorite prophet? What's your greatest fear? Do you demagogue?
Are you clear? What's your agenda? What's your hope? Are human? Yup? Nope?

@ ROSWELL REVISITED Many seek to prove or disprove the 1947 Roswell UFO
  "crash" (or crashes) But, "What does this all mean?" The Roswell "crash"
  was STAGED by these mysterious beings. http://www.caus.org/mc112999.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Tattoo Man Turns Up at Own Funeral. BANGKOK (Reuters) Mourners took
  to their heels and Buddhist monks performing the last rites froze
  when a Thai man turned up at his own funeral. He felt pretty good
  too: http://news.excite.com/news/r/991129/07/odd-thailand-funeral

: Will you be late to your own funeral? Will you show up on time? Will you
be dead, alive, indeterminate, immortal, transhuman, deified, forgotten?

# Superheroes: http://news.com/News/Item/0,4,0-40592,00.html?st.ne.140.head
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ The Hickman Report - Flying Triangle Overview. Many ufologists have noted
  in the past few years a major change in the type of craft we are seeing in
  the skies overhead. In the past, most "UFO's" were either the classic
 "flying disk" type, or cylinders, or even just anomalous lights in the sky.
  Today we have noticed a major increase in sightings that are of a specific
  type of aerial vehicle, the dark triangle. This type was first thought to
  have been seen in Belgium in the '80's, now we know different. What we are
  seeing is something that's been reported in our skies for many, many years
  and I feel is not of human construction. http://www.caus.org/pn112999.htm

: Have you seen any/many dark triangles flying overhead? Have you flown in a
dark triangle lately? Are they maneuverable, responsive, agile, quiet, fun??
What's your favorite UFO geometry? Are UFO geometries linked to structures
in the human brain? What shape is your brain? Are there triangles inside??

# UFO Geometry 101 - Around the U.S. on a Flying Triangle. ARIZONA -
  NEW JERSEY - VIRGINIA - INDIANA: http://www.caus.org/ft112999.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Monks destroy symbolic sand. BALTIMORE (AP) After spending a week crouched
  on the floor of the American Visionary Art Museum coaxing grains of sand
  into an elaborate design, 10 Tibetan Buddhist monks held a brief ceremony,
  swept up the sand & tossed it into the harbor. The intricately detailed &
  brilliantly colored design was a mandala, an ancient and exquisite form of
  Tibetan art that is a key part of Buddhism. The grains they scattered over
  the Inner Harbor were meant to spread peace in Baltimore. "The mandala has
  nothing to do with substance, it is not material. It's spiritual." There
  are several mandala designs, signifying spiritual qualities. A mandala is
  created whenever the need for healing of the environment and living beings
  is felt. http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562315374-c19

: Have you spread peace over a city lately? Did you use colored sand? Did
the city become more peaceful? If not, did you try a different design? Eh?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Security scare hits WTO. (BBC) Security services close a site in Seattle
  where WTO talks will be held after reports of an attempted break-in.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/americas/newsid_541000/541879.stm
# WTO meeting in Seattle disrupted - security sweeps take hours:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562320967-afd

: Is the WTO a Bilderberger/NWO conspiracy to control world trade, politics,
belief? Must the WTO be destroyed? Is a unified planet a Satanic goal? Why?

# PROTESTS MAY OVERSHADOW WTO TRADE CONFERENCE - Agriculture seen as
  major point of contention: http://cnn.com/US/9911/29/wto.seattle/
# WTO opponents sound battle cry at forum - swear to disrupt opening:
  http://www.seattletimes.com/news/local/html98/glob_19991127.html
# WTO TALKS MAY CAUSE POLITICAL HEADACHES FOR CLINTON/GORE - China to watch
  from sidelines: http://cnn.com/ALLPOLITICS/stories/1999/11/28/wto.talks/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Smoking puts out the fire. (IAFRICA) Smoking kills passion according to
  the experts. A recent study says that men who smoke not only decrease
  their  sperm count, but also report less sexual satisfaction. Can't get
  it up? http://health.iafrica.com/newsletter/index.htm?src_id=tmp0345

: Do smokers deserve to die, to fail to reproduce, to be rendered extinct?
Do you? Should assholes, jerks, dweebs and goons be encouraged to smoke?

@ Bad things happen to nice people: http://www.disasterium.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Half of world's rivers in peril. (BBC) Pollution and depletion are causing
  serious damage to more than half the main rivers of the world, the UN
  says. http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_538000/538457.stm

# Also: Africa's potential water wars:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_454000/454926.stm
# Extinction warning for freshwater species:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_465000/465712.stm
# US dustbowl fears return:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_433000/433213.stm
# World rivers at a glance:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562319569-417

: What's your favorite environmental disaster? Are alien agents fomenting
ecocide in order to transform our planet to their specifications? When??

# The plight of Earth's coral reefs: http://motherjones.com/coral_reef/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

  "Every sperm is sacred, Every sperm is great,
   If a sperm is wasted, God gets quite irate.
   Let the heathen spill theirs, On the dusty ground.
   God shall make them pay for, Each sperm that can't be found"
   --(Monty Python?) http://www.sonic.net/~ric/music/ev_sperm_sng.txt

* Rev. Ric Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.da.ru * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* THE OFFICIAL MAILING LIST OF THE *SEVENTY*SEVENTH* MILLENNIUM!!