-Caveat Lector-

From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Operation Clydesdale Part One

Introduction:
Message from Rayelan Allan:

My husband, Gunther Russbacher wrote the following dedication to the men who
accompanied him on the covert mission Operation Clydesdale and who never
returned.

This story describes a covert mission, in which Americans died in service of
their
country. The men named in this story are some of the nameless stars that are
on the
marble wall at CIA headquarters at Langley , Virginia.

I would like to dedicate this story to all the men, living, wounded and dead,
 who have
risked their lives in defense of American ideas, on missions so secret that
they can
never be revealed to anyone.

Many of these men... (and women too), are your fathers, your brothers, your
husbands, your neighbors. They live double and triple lives. They live on the
 edge,
always ready to spring into action in the need arises. They have no real
lives of their
own. They live in a constant "on call" state. When the call comes, they never
 know
if they will come home dead or alive. They never know if they will see their
wives
and children again.

These men (and women) are the unsung heros of America's secret wars. When
Gunther wrote this, he took the time to add the family side of his life. The
way in
which he wrote this article allows people to finally get a glimpse of the
lives covert
operatives lead. With this understanding, I rededicate this article to all
the men and
women who have led or still lead the life of a covert operative.

                Operation Clydesdale
             BY: GUNTHER KARL RUSSBACHER

THIS IS A STORY OF THE PERVERSION OF MAN, AND HIS INTENT TO IMPOSE HIS WAY
UPON AN UNSUSPECTING POPULACE. IT IS A STORY ABOUT A GROUP OF RUTHLESS MEN,
WHO HAD CHOSEN TO VIOLATE THE VERY SANCTITY OF HUMAN LIFE AS WE HAVE COME TO
KNOW IT.

IT IS ALSO A STORY ABOUT THE MEN, WHO, AGAINST ALL ODDS, POSSESSING EXTREME
PERSONAL DEDICATION, WERE WILLING TO SACRIFICE THEIR LIVES IN THE ATTEMPT TO
RESCUE A YOUTH FROM SURE AND CERTAIN DEATH, AT THE HANDS OF AN INTERNATIONAL
WHITE SLAVERY RING.

THE YOUTH WAS STOLEN AND FORCED TO COMMIT THE MOST VILE AND VULGAR ACTS FOR
THE PERVERSE ENJOYMENT OF OTHERS, WHILE CAMERAS RECORDED EACH EXPLICIT SEXUAL
ACT FOR ALL POSTERITY. WHEN THEY WERE THROUGH WITH HIM, THEY NOT ONLY TOOK
HIS SANITY, BUT EVERYTHING HE HAD EVER CHERISHED AND HELD DEAR. THEY LEFT HIM
WITH NOTHING HE COULD TRULY CALL HIS OWN.

THIS YOUTHFUL LAD IS REMEMBERED HERE, ALONG WITH THE MEN WHO GAVE THEIR VERY
LIVES, IN ORDER THAT HE, AND THE MANY UNTOLD OTHERS MIGHT CONTINUE TO LIVE.

                    THIS STORY IS DEDICATED TO THE
                    MEN I LOST AND LEFT BEHIND. YOU
                    SHALL FOREVER BE A PART OF ME.

                    I SALUTE YOU, ONE AND ALL!

                    MAY GOD GRANT EACH OF YOU
                    YOUR RIGHTLY DESERVED ETERNAL
                    PEACE.

                     IN CARING MEMORY,
                     GUNTHER K. RUSSBACHER
                     JEFFERSON CITY, 110
                     APRIL 19, 1993

                OPERATION CLYDESDALE
             By: Gunther Karl Russbacher

It was a cold and wet Thanksgiving Day. The overnight temperatures had dipped
to near record levels, as we gathered in the formal dining room to  begin the
special meal. I didn't think that there would be quite so many of us, as we
began the
process of finding our seats. As always, I sat at the head of the table, in
one of the
uncomfortable captains' chairs, all the while hoping that the somber meal
would pass
without incident from the children.
I glanced in the direction of my eldest son, who at the time was age eight,
but
like many of the children his age, going on sixteen. He was an innocent,
living in a
world that didn't necessarily consider children to be innocent. Quickly, I
stole a
hurried glance to the man seated to my right. An expression of extreme pain
crossed
his brow, as he sank his eyes towards his dinner plate. None of the men in
the room
were able to meet each others eyes. It was a time of grief, abject sadness; a
 time for
the tears we couldn't cry.
The cold anger of the men was evident throughout the strained meal. Everyone
was merely going through the motions, picking at the food, which was placed
in front
of them. Three members of my Special Operations Group were dead. Two others
had
sustained such severe injuries which would, in all likelihood, preclude them
from
further service with the Group. The civilian death toll, attributed to
accidental and or
stray rounds, for the entire operation stood at four. The actual ordered or
condoned
sanctions exceeded a verified body count of sixty-seven. Although the
operation was considered a raving success by Rudolph Guilliani, the United
States Attorney for the District of New York, we felt betrayed by  and
through the revocation of the Executive Sanction which had fielded our unit,
and
given us clear and free hand to terminate, with prejudice, any and all
persons associated with the targeted pedophile ring, both at home and abroad.
We were stopped short of that mark by the President of these United States.
There was no reason for happiness that day on which all America celebrated as
the day of Thanksgiving. The historians were writing the year 1985. It had
been
a year of absolute turmoil. It was a year of red hot paramilitary tactics,
and international terrorism. We were steeped in far too many operations, and
were  to the
point where rookie hirelings and contract labor became prevalent throughout
the
entire Agency. After our guests had made their good byes, leaving to return
to their
own homes, I retired to my little sanctuary to reflect upon the history of
the last few
months. Much had happened to my little family. Not only was I absent from the
 home
for months on end, having little or no time for my own children, I was also
in the
middle of divorce proceedings. All in all, it was. not the kind of a year one
 cares to
etch into his memory.
Slowly, my tiredness began to catch up with me. My eyes grew increasingly
more heavy, permitting the entire file and record of events of the past
months, to flash
before me. With heavy heart and moist eyes I gave in to the memories as the
macabre
occurrences danced before my hooded eyes.

                         II
The days were just beginning to get warmer and longer, permitting a little
yard work,
in hopes of getting our home readied for spring. The decision was made to
have a
combined birthday party for our sons, consisting of pizza, ice cream, more
pizza, and
even more noise, at the local Chucky Cheese Pizza Parlor. My wife, at that
time, was
massaging her temples in the hope that her headache would abate. Our
children, in
concert with the many neighbor children, danced around our chairs, whooping
it up
as if it was the re-enactment of that fatal day at Little Big Horn. At the
rate they were
going about it, we would soon suffer the same fate as the men of Custer's
Cavalry.
The brightly colored Indian headdresses and tomahawks were about to reduce
two normal and relatively sane adults to babbling idiots. I excused myself
under the pretext of going out to the motor home to look for cigarettes. The
cellular phone was ringing as I inserted the key into the  door lock.
Without giving matters a second thought, I answered the call. It was the
Chief of
Station of the St. Louis area office..He stated that we had received the go
ahead to
field an operation designed to flush out and identify pederasts and other
pedophiles
in the St. Louis, Miami, Phoenix, Seattle, Chicago, and New York areas. The
request for an operation was formulated in such manner as to include the
entire country.
Our SOG (Special Operations Group) had entered the picture earlier, after an
extensive fact finding investigation into the pornographic movie industry. It
 didn't
take all too long to determine that the real problem wasn't the "old
fashioned plain
brown wrapper" kind of pornography. That, in itself, would not have been of
sufficient interest to the Central Intelligence Agency. Our involvement
commenced
after being contacted by the FBI. They had asked us to bring on line a major
sting
operation designed to flush out potential buyers and traders of "kiddiporn",
as well
as sexually explicit porno films wherein a victim is brutalized, savaged and
ultimately
murdered at the point of orgasm. The entire ritualistic murder scene is
recorded on
film and generally distributed throughout the cult circles. Many of the SNUFF
 films
(the term is derived from the act of snuffing out the candle [or spark] of
life while the
camera continued to roll) find their way to Europe or the far East. Our
Intelligence
Organizations had been tracking the disbursal of material for several months.
 The
extent of the distributor network amazed even the most seasoned operatives.
We were
awaiting operation orders prior to bringing the Covert Operations Division on
 line.
Hours later I was sitting in our offices, eagerly awaiting the transmission
of the
operations order from Washington, D.C. Although we had received verbal A-okay
for the operation, written details and executive consent was still
forthcoming.
We whiled away the time, lounging around the office, making small talk, and
generally keeping each other occupied. Photographs of a young lad were lying
on top
of a dossier. Glancing at the desk I saw that it contained a rather high
security code.
It was marked in blue, gold and white.
The lad appeared to be approximately twelve years of age, and somewhat
bleached of color. Little did I know what he had gone through prior to the
time of the
taking of the photograph. The file stated that he had been used for kiddiporn
 and that
he had recently been sold as a sex slave. We had received intelligence
that-the boy
had been sold to an East German photographer. The last location given as to
his
whereabouts placed him somewhere on the East German and Slovak border. He was
being moved from location to location, all the while making porno films for
his
captors. We were to set up the operation for an extraction and to terminate
all targets
in the field.
     The wire began to hum, as the decision to go ahead was coming in from
Covert Operations, via a Field Intelligence Order. I turned to Roger, my
second in
command, and began the process of assembling an operations plan. A quick cup
of
coffee, made sickeningly sweet by using honey instead of sugar, propelled my
sugar
levels to dangerous highs. A phone was ringing of the hook in -the conference
 room.
after numerous rings a colleague stated that he had received a call from
Portland,
Oregon, advising that cousin Richard was on his way to the airport to catch
the first
flight to St. Louis. With good speed the entire hit and extraction team was
being
assembled. It wouldn't be long until the rest of the old and long true cadre
would find
its way to the Blues capital of the Midwest. We were now reduced to waiting,
preparing the logistics for the long flight to the staging area. The time to
write the
Operation Plan for Operation Clydesdale was at hand.
     The necessary calls went out to Meteorology, Group Operation Support,
and foreign, local intelligence support. It was expected that we had specific
 assets in place
which could render initial support upon landing at the insertion site.
Several calls to the Ops Office in Bad Godesberg, Germany, provided much
needed
intelligence on speed crews who were to accompany our team to the insertion
site.
I asked for SEALS and or other branches of the Special Operations Forces. Due
the hurried nature of the pending insertion, we dismissed the idea of
fielding additional SEALS to weatherproof and render safe the designated
arrival area.  An
"A" Team of the Tenth Special Forces, of Bad Toelz, Germany, was' offered.
The offer was quickly discarded as we made contact with our own Delta Force
Extraction
Unit.
     It was a lucky coincidence that they had just returned from a training
exercise,
landing at our facility at Rhein Main AFB, Frankfurt, Germany. The Chief of
Station
of Bonn assured me that the Delta Unit would be placed into an isolated and
sterile
environ, pending our arrival at Rhein Main. It took another five hours until
the entire
Team had arrived in St. Louis. Those who could took commercial flights, while
 the
far removed members were provided fast movers (fighter aircraft) to bring
them to
our location. The time had come to excuse myself and make for the ready room
in
order to write my part of the operation plan. Glancing around the room I
couldn't help
but smile at the faces of the men who had shared the taste of wet operations
around
the globe. The time. was at hand to strike a blow against the satanic element
 which
had grown to alarming proportions on all fronts.
     Little did we know what we were about to encounter. No one had an
inkling of how high and deep these operators had infiltrated the very
government we  served.
The operation was a firm GO, by any standard, but as said, we had no idea of
what
we were about to encounter. I can state, unequivocally, that we were about to
 be
plunged into the darkest recesses of hell!
     The teleprinter apprized us of the fact that the targets had
considerable influence in East Germany as well as Czechoslovakia. They also
knew that we  had
placed strong inquiries onto the international wires, in order to secure
their location
and relative strength. The idea that a reception committee could and would be
 waiting
for us was taken into consideration. Local assets in East Germany, Austria,
and
Czechoslovakia were contacted and placed on high alert status. Soon a purge
would
be launched against the international pedophile community. our intent was not
 merely
to arrest these God awful perpetrators, or to smuggle them to a safe pick-up
point for
our Federal Authorities. We were given the Green Light to commit to "Field
Resolutions", terminating the targets with extreme prejudice. The operation
had been
sanctioned from "ON High", therefore leaving little doubt about the final
outcome.
our intent was to enlarge upon the Operation Orders, the listed sanctions,
bringing
down their murderous friends who had chosen to terminate innocent children,
for the
sake of pornographic snuff films, while others were hiding behind the rolling
cameras.
I asked cousin Richard, as well as Roger Rabbit to assist me in the writing
of the general operations plan. Quickly the steel vault door of the small
chamber closed
and sealed behind us as we entered the secure room. We were in the inner
sanctum
of the St. Louis office of ' the Central Intelligence Agency. Everything we
needed had
already been laid out. With gusto, but stern intent, we launched ourselves
into the
birth of "OPERATION CLYDESDALE."

                OPERATION CLYDESDALE

PROJECT CLASSIFICATION: TOP   SECRET; SOG-SI/6 Copy No. 1 OF 3 COPIES
SOG/ALPHA/DELTA/-DETACHMENT   TS-Q/SOG-D/F; 201  (insert complete routing and
code classification Nos.)

CD279853 STAGING AREA: RHEIN MAIN AFB, FRANKFURT, GERMANY DATE OF OPERATION:
08 MAR. 85 DOS/DIA/CIA 850308:0001Z OPERATION ORDER 2-687/4
REFERENCE: EUROPEAN QMVB:     MAP SERIES K-424, CZECK; L-415, GER;
                                                  M-216, AUS. SCALE: 1:50,000

1.        SITUATION

  A.   Hostile Forces: Heavy hostile traffic and activity along the
Czechosolavak
  borders with Austria and West Germany. Realtime reconnaissance
  Sat/Intel designates and reveals medium to heavy border, and other ground
  forces. Sat/Intel designates such forces as Soviet and Czech forces, which
  have been detached from main units to reinforce standard border patrols
  in the anticipated DZ areas.

SITUATION UPDATE

  B.   Hostile Forces: Latest Sat/Intel discloses the ground build-up is
  comprised of STB and KGB elements. Assessment of update:
  EXTREME CAUTION REQUIRED.

  Meteorology and Forecast: High pressure system dominating target and
  DZ area. Intermediate cloud cover at 14,000 ft., otherwise, clear skies.
  Moist, cold air. Anticipated and projected temperature range: 40OF to
  280F.

    Half Moon: 47% illumination

    Sunrise: 0714 hrs. Sunset: 1618 hrs.

        (1)  Terrain: The terrain is comprised of low rolling hills. In the
        higher elevations the terrain is open with majestic evergreen
        forest areas. The lower ground is mostly open cultivated land.
        Night movement will be relatively easy.

       (2)  Identification: The Hostile Forces are comprised target members
       as well as Czech and Soviet troops. Probable STB and KGB
       elements have been identified.

    (3)     Location: See map overlay - Enclosures # 1-4.

        (4)  Activity: Combined target and hostile forces are currently
        reinforcing the border guard units, as well as setting up security
        check points around the target property, and road blocks on the
        main routes leading to the target property. Additional roadblocks
        on main routes leading to the border areas have been noted by
        friendly border overflights.

       (5)  Strength: Indeterminate, however all indications indicate/suggest
       ground forces are currently held at least double normal strength.

C. Friendly Forces in Target Area: None.

    (1)       Airborne or Ground Fire Support Available: None.

2.        MISSION

  A.   D/F; 01 Detachment: Will conduct infiltration exercise to secure
  perimeter and contact local agent/asset on DZ, provide logistics as well as
  possible ground fire support for SOG, and esc-ape and evade to extraction
  site. (See map overlay-enclosures # 1-4)

  B.   AGENCY/DIA Component: Will access local asset, determine
  feasibility of extraction; acquire and define all existing targets; remove
the
  minor child, while terminating all of the targets found on secured
  premises. Escape and evade to extraction site. (See map
  overlay-Enclosures # 1-4)

3.        EXECUTION

  A.   Concept of Operation: DIA/CIA/ODA-204 (Half Team) will conduct
  the operation in two (2) phases.

           Phase I:  Airborne Operation - Night HAHO infiltration to DZ to
link
           with local agent/asset and minor child.

           Phase II: Escape and evade, after termination of all targets,
,~vith minor
           child to extraction site.

B. Coordinating Instructions:

  (1) Time of departure and return:

          Depart:        08 Mar. 85-2100 hours
          Return:        09 Mar. 85-0600 hours
               (However, mission has final priority)

     (2)  Infiltration Route; Escape Route; Evasion Route, as well as
     Coordinates of DZ and Extraction Site: See Enclosures numbered
     1-4.

     (3)  Rally Point: See Enclosures 1-4. The Detachment Leader/
     Commander will designate the Rally Point-to be used only if the unit
     becomes separated or disorganized.

     (4)  Actions on Hostile Contacts: As per Detachment Field Standard
     Operational Procedure, TERMINATE WITH PREJUDICE.

  (5)       Actions at Danger Areas: As per Detachment Field SOP.

     (6)  Actions at the Objective: Take control of the minor and escape and
     evade while remainder of Team is sanitizing the entire target area.

  (7)       Prisoners: NONE shall be taken.

  (8)       EEI (Essential Elements of Information): None

  (9)       OIR (Other Intelligence Requirements): None

4.        AGENCY AND SERVICE SUPPORT

A. Supply:

     (1)  Rations: One (1) days' rations will be provided and carried into the
     insertion zone.

     (2)  Arms and Ammunition: As per Special Requirements -see
     Enclosure # 5

     (3)  Clothing and Night Equipment: As per Special Requirements -see
     Enclosure # 5

     (4)  Method of Handling Wounded: Walking wounded will
     accompany Detachment. Critically wounded will be cached until the
     mission is completed. At which time recovery attempts will be made
     to bring out and/or extract such wounded personnel.

     (5)  Method of Handling Dead: Bury (shallow), mark grave site, record
     grid coordinates, and report at debriefing upon completion of
     mission.

5.        COMMAND AND SIGNAL

A. Signal

     (1)  Signals to be used by Detachment will be hand and true electronic
     signals.

      1. Detachment Code Names:

        Walker-Raven/01     XXXXX-oriole/12
        Benson-Rabbit/02    XXXXXX-Turtle/18
        Brenneke-Silk/03    XXXXXX-Orion/04
        Henderson-Joker/08  XXXXXX-Piper/15
        Spann-Catnip/19     XXXXXXX-Hawk/25
        XXXXXXX-Leopard/23  Parker-Horse/21
        Peters-Bear/22             XXXXXX-Samson/16
        XXXXXXs-Fly/07 XXXXXXXXX-Goose/06
        XXXX-Crane/00  XXXXXX-Mama/05
        XXXXXXX-Lancer/09   XXXXXXX-Dancer/10 (The names that have not been
X'd out are or men who are "dead" or whose covers have been broken to such a
degree that they have become public figures. Walker-Raven/01 is Gunther
Russbacher.)

      2. Code Words:

        St. Louis Blues -   Have taken control of subject child
                                      and proceeding with escape and evasion.
        Riverboat Gambler   Have reached extraction site.
        Ticket Taker   Mission has been compromised. This
                            signal is to be followed by Situation
                            Report ASAP.
        Delta Queen    Targets acquired and terminated.

                           3. Challenge and Password at Rally Point: Old man
River.
                                                                   (Any
combination of
                                               words will do.)

  B. Command

     Chain of Command:   Walker-Benson-Brenneke-Pauley-XXXXXX-
          XXXXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-Henderson-XXXXXXX-
          XXXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXXX-
          Spann-Parker-Peters-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX-
          XXXX /Supercargo

ADDITIONAL ENCLOSURES: Map overlays of radar gaps and checkpoints along
airborne infiltration route to target area. Required time  and
altitude at each checkpoint. Photograph of subject (minor). Code Name for
local agent at DZ. Communication frequencies.

DEBRIEFING: Detachment will be debriefed upon completion of mission by CIA
Deputy Chief of Station-Bad Godesberg at isolation area.