-Caveat Lector-

SkeptiNews 991210c - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* Nothing contained here is ever endorsed for truth, accuracy, or meaning.
* PLEASE DO NOT INCLUDE THE ENTIRE BULLETIN WHEN YOU REPLY; CUT/PASTE, EH?
* No creative thoughts were monitored or altered to produce this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Misconception: http://www.google.com/search?q=misconception
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Peruvian May Be Kin of Argentine Inca Mummy. BUENOS AIRES (Reuters) The
  discovery of a distant living relative of one of the 3 Incan mummies found
  on top of an Argentine volcano may shed light on their origin and customs
  of the time. The Peruvian relative, now living in the Wash.D.C.-area, was
  matched through DNA tests which showed the individual and a girl ritually
  sacrificed about 500 years ago had a common ancestor 100 years before her
  death. http://news.excite.com/news/r/991210/01/science-science-mummies

: Is everybody related to everybody else? Am I my keeper's brother? Are all
wars fratricidal? Is every killing a ritual sacrifice? Are we all insane??

$ Amazing Audio Cassette Allows You to Remember Your Past Life!
  http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=216072411
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ COLONIZING VIRTUAL REALITY. VR is shared and objectively present like the
  physical world, composable like a work of art, and as unlimited and harm-
  less as a dream. When VR becomes widely available, it won't be seen as a
  medium used within physical reality, but rather as an additional reality.
  VR opens up a new continent of ideas and possibilities. We set foot on the
  shore of this continent for the first time. What creatures will devour our
  hearts, lungs, souls? http://english-www.hss.cmu.edu/cultronix/chesher/

: Have you colonized any virtual worlds lately? Did you encounter any wild
beasts, aborigines, pathogens?  Did you die, live, adapt, conquer, ruin??

@ Crop Circles of 1999: http://www.cropcircleconnector.com/1999/1999.html
$ Crop Circle Doormats: http://heall.com/products/nowandzen/doormat3.html
@ Crop Circle Translations: http://eagle-net.org/goldenkey/cropcircle2.html
$ Crop Circle Hemp Clothing: http://cropcircle.com/
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Life Found Two Miles Beneath Ice Cap - Melted ice cores drilled by Russian
  scientists contain bacteria that are alive and active. Antarctic Eden:
  www.the-times.co.uk/news/pages/tim/99/12/10/timfgnusa01006.html?1124027
# Lake Vostok: http://science.nasa.gov/newhome/headlines/ast10dec99_2.htm

: What exotic entities & civilizations exist under the icecaps of Antarctica
& Europa & Tau Ceti VI?? Will we recognize them for what they are? Can we??

# Caribbean: Expect another bad hurricane season:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2562490717-bb1
# 2000 May Spell Relief for Atlantic Storm Zones:
  http://news.excite.com/news/r/991209/01/science-weather-hurricanes
# UK gets even hotter - 1999 the warmest year ever recorded:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_555000/555894.stm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Computerised shirt could save lives. (BBC) A smart shirt which monitors
  people's health while they go about their daily lives could give doctors
  more chance of spotting danger signs in patients. But do they deserve to
  live? http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_555000/555808.stm

# Arresting idea - A mini heart monitor could save your life.
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/health/newsid_553000/553969.stm

: Would you like to have machines continuously monitor your health, tuning
you up as needed? Would you like to have your thoughts/emotions/expressions
monitored & tuned too? Would you rather be scanned/tuned by humans, aliens,
deities/demons/angels, robots, conspiracies, me? Are you programmed now??

# Don't read this article. (WSJ) The Web may be sending you subliminal
  ads: http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2406455,00.html
# Microsoft 'Windows' Security Under Heavy Fire. Everything you do is
  monitored by the NSA: http://www.sightings.com/politics5/windowz.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Y2K-a-rootie:

# A Taste of Things To Come? While fiddling with its computers, the
  Bermuda Stock Exchange triggers a minor Y2K glitch. Nobody was seen
  fleeing in terror. http://wired.com/news/reuters/0,1349,33020,00.html

# Y2K - Chernobyl Says It's Ready:
  http://www.wired.com/news/y2k/0,1360,32855,00.html
# Y2K - Some Online Investors Selling Entire Portfolios:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics5/y2kport.htm
# Less Than Half Of Tickets For Egypt Millennium Pyramids Bash Sold:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics5/bash.htm

# Y2K - UK ready for Y2K says minister - one of the world's best-prepared:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk_politics/newsid_556000/556930.stm
# Y2K - The real dangers of Y2K: salmonella, hypothermia, violence:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/uk/newsid_554000/554634.stm
# Y2K - North American Cruise Lines Expect Biggest Week Ever:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics5/cruise.htm

@ Countdown to Y2K: http://worldnetdaily.com/y2k_index.shtml
@ Y2K Confab/Party: http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=1999/11/18/114009

# Y2K - Don't Wait Until The Last Minute To Buy Supplies:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics5/dontwait.htm
# Y2K - Top Ten Things To Do Right Now:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics5/donow.htm
# Y2K - Major Computer Failure At Deutsche Bank:
  http://www.sightings.com/politics5/deutch.htm

# Stores issue hoarding warning - Supermarket pamphlets urge consumers
  to buy before rush: http://www.suntimes.com/output/news/prep09.html
# Y2K - Satellite-phone sellout - Bug fears create worldwide shortage -
  get yours before it's too late: http://ft.com/hippocampus/q2fbcf6.htm
# Y2K - US Drinking Water, Sewage Facilities Not Ready for Y2K:
  http://www.newsmax.com/articles/?a=1999/12/10/70604
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

 San Simian, San Simian, I love you, you big ape
  You scratch my ass so thoughtfully, it's more than I can take
 Carefully you groom for ticks and lice and tiny snakes
  Beautiful San Simian, you give my heart a shake
 http://www.sonic.net/~ric/music/saints.htm#simi

* Rev. Ric Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.da.ru * FAX: 603-415-3736
* Fringe * Science * Faith * Sex/Drugs * UFO/PSI/Y2K * Conspiracy *
* email INFO or SUBSCRIBE SKEPTICHAT to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
* (sorry, I can't answer all email - but thanks for your feedback)
* SkeptiChat/News archives: http://www.sonic.net/~ric/sc/files.htm
* THE OFFICIAL MAILING LIST OF THE *SEVENTY*SEVENTH* MILLENNIUM!!