 Phoenicians in ancient New Zealand & New world?

 Author:    Con-Tiki
 Email:     [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 Date:      1998/08/04
 Forums:    sci.anthropology, sci.archaeology,
            alt.history.ancient-worlds

 I would like to spark a debate about this -
 There is very little discussion about Egyptian & Phoenician long
 range exploration.  That there is little evidence is a main factor,
 but there are some very notable bits.  I will only cover pieces
 #1 & #2 #4 #5 in this posting, #3 will come later.

 Please read the whole posting carefully before replying (thanks).

   Tit bits:

 #1 - Hill by Lake Taupo (pro. "T-ow-po"), N. Island, New Zealand,
 with carvings.
  Many dismissed these before they had even seen them!
 What is amazing is that they are there at all:
   they include:
           Phoenician inscription (!?!) saying "Voice of one Ba'al"
           (Phoenician sun & weather god).
           Large (looks like an altar of some type) notch in a rock.
           Carved picture of an eye.
           Carved picture of what seems to be a Phoenician ship.

 #2 - Stone works in the forests of the Northland peninsular of the
 North Island of New Zealand
     they include:
           Several (100% man made) stone walls.
           A large amount of stones piled in one place (temple?)
           Carved out tunnel (temple?)

 #3 - Traces of Cocaine & Nicotine in many Egyptian Mummies

 #4 - Statures of 'white men with beards' & a strong native
 S. American belief in these peoples existence.
 covered later
         Can be found in Messomerica and Peru

 #5 - Evidence of a pre European civ' in Australia?

  And whats so amazing about this ?

 Under the current dogma, no human set foot in New Zealand before
 about 1200 AD and no European before 1769. This theory is
 aggressively defended by the historic community & the government
 (I am NOT claiming any government 'cover up'). There are good
 reasons for this defense. As in the rest of the world, any
 historian who challenges conventional ideas is made an object of
 ridicule and painted as a nut case.  If anything was proved, some
 people would be ultra embarrassed. The government has good reason
 too. - They would be afraid of Maori radical terristic responses to
 anything being proved, like that there were people here before
 them. Another thing few remember is that the Treaty of Waitangi
 (effective NZ constitution) was signed saying that the Maoris were
 the indigenous people of New Zealand... would cause a few hiccups.

 The media seems to keep quiet about this arena.

 Its easy to see from their history that, if any Phoenicians had
 come here, they would have arrived before 500 bc . Over 1500 years
 before Maoris are supposed to have came to NZ (I think that they
 arrived here at 850 AD).

 Some would say "where is more evidence about a Phoenician presence
 in New Zealand".

 In 183 AD Taupo erupted. No one today can comprehend the size of
 the eruption. Taupo is certainly the biggest volcano on Earth, the
 Taupo eruption was the biggest for 5,000 years.. If the Phoenicians
 had had a colony in the N. Island, they would have had better
 chance surviving a 300 megaton Nuclear bomb. Not only that, but a
 vast amount of ash, larva and water covered & buried the N. Island.
 Anyone in the N. Island would have either disappeared without a
 trace or any survivors would have taken the only option - flee to
 the South Island or to the end of the long Northland peninsular.
 A rebel historian has claimed that his group have found a stone
 village in Northland forests (the Maoris never used stone for
 dwellings). (I have seen pictures of stone works up there, but not
 those things)

 Its been proved that people were in NZ from at least 500bc onwards.
 This evidence has been largely ignored. A total of over 10 rats
 have found that were between 1800 and 2300 years old. The work is
 very sound, but the person doing the research has gone from world
 authority to 'nut case' because of the implications of their work.
 Mammals are not native to New Zealand and they could only have come
 in someones boat. Conventionalists have claimed that those rats
 came here by floating on pumice from over 8,100 km away (6,000
 miles). This type of rat can't stand water & can't even swim.
 Notably, S. Island forests were burned off en mass 2500 years ago.
 No significant burning occurred for many 1000s of years before
 that. If people had come there, they would have had no choice but
 to have cleared forest to grow crops.

 There are also notable archeological finds in Australia (maybe not
 Phoenician). In pre - European times, someone built dams, irrigated
 cleared, planted & built permanent stone houses. My argument is
 that if the Australia Aborigines had ever started the non nomadic,
 farming path of living - why would they have stopped? (I am Not
 trying to insult the Aborigine race). If they didn't do this, then
 who did? (see MS Encarta 97, Australia section, says the basics).
 I would like to hear discussion over this, as there is very little
 known by the masses (& me) about this subject.

 We would all like to know how ancient (1,100 bc) Egyptians got hold
 of drugs like Nicotine & Cocaine. Both are from America. Its has
 been proven beyond doubt, that over 10 Ancient Egyptian Mummies had
 once taken Cocaine. The Nicotine seems to have been used in the
 Mummification process, as the amount present is vast. What seems to
 be a Tobacco leaf was found on one Mummy. It is possible that the
 Nicotine present came from some undiscovered / exstinked old world
 plant. But the Cocaine is different. Cocaine only comes from Coca,
 a native American plant. The only reasonable explanation is that
 someone took Coca or Cocaine from A to B. Was there trans-Atlantic
 trading links?!? See:
 http://lime.weeg.uiowa.edu/~anthro/webcourse/lost/coctrans.htm ,
 where the Uk's TV4 has the script for a documentary about this
 online. (Conventionalists, please don't try and say the Coca
 floated there!)

 I would like everyone out there to think over what I've said....
 Can anyone add anything?

 If anyone has any information about ancient Phoenician landings in
 America, I would be pleased to hear them. One message had mention
 of proof that this was so, but did not say what he evidence was.

 Note - if your name is Ross C. from Auckland - Please, only
 constructive replies, I've seen your lively debates with Yuri.

   ---------------
     -Con Tiki-
   --------------
 "The truth will overcome all who stand in its way"
 "And the same people once did say the world was flat"
 "The proof is out there"
 "Think differently"
 "Start the Revolution"
 http:/www.geocities.com/athens/troy/4059/

 Re: Phoenicians & New world? Why the cover-up? <- No cover-up,
     no phoenicans!