</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 1/14/00 1:06:28 AM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

> While the "bubblegum" Wiccans consider themselves a legitimate religion and
>  the Constitution affords them protection, in the matters concerning the
>  teaching of our children, the parents have a right to demand a more
>  traditional standard for teachers.  The Wiccan religion is foreign to
>  traditional American standards and many of their beliefs undermine the
>  moral and societal bonds that keep a free nation free.  It is a slave
>  religion based in ignorance, fear, and wishful thinking.

A "slave religion based in ignorance, fear, and wishful thinking" could
easily describe Christianity which was originally a slave religion, and which
is based today in much ignorance of its true teachings, and is bounded in
fear of the consequences of not "living rightly", and holding to wishful
thinking about the supposed second coming of a "savior".  School is not about
the teaching of any of these things, perhaps some teachers in your home town
school are practicing Wiccans, or Satanists for that matter, who keep their
religion hidden to avoid this type of scrutiny.  It doesn't interfere with
their teaching jobs, and it shouldn't.  Many people would not want the
Christian dogma and religion handed to their children in schools either.
That is why religion has no place in the school system.  I don't say this to
demean any religion, not Wiccanism, or Christianity, both of which should be
afforded the same rights.  Neither of which should be taught in schools.  It
all depends on ones outlook and perspective as to which religion is the
"right" one and which is "heathen".  What is right for you may not be "right"
for someone else and may offer no spiritual truth to them.  This is precisely
why religion freedom must be the rule and why this person should be allowed
to practice Wiccanism OPENLY and to be allowed to keep her job as well.

***********************************
"Welcome to the desert of the real."  Morpheus, "The Matrix".

"The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human
mind to correlate all its contents.
  We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of seas of infinity,
and it is not meant that we should
  voyage far.  The sciences, each straining in its own direction, have
hitherto harmed us little; but someday
  the piecing together of dissociated knowledge will open up such terrifying
vistas of reality, and of our
  frightful position therein, that we shall either go mad from the revelation
or flee from the deadly light into the
  peace and safety of a new dark age."  H.P.Lovecraft; "The Call of Cthulhu"