From: RobertSteele, OSS CEO    http://www.oss.net/
Sent: Sunday, January 16, 2000 5:46 PM
Subject: Re: CIA's New Directions?

Heh, heh, heh.

1)  "I have not yet begun to fight".  Everything up to this point has been
training wheels.  Watch what happens when I have money to spend.

2)  The correllation of forces has not been correct.  Three things are
happening
in 2000 that will make a difference:

         a)  The intelligence reformers are publishing four books (see
summary
at http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A30112-1999Dec23.html

         b)  the CINCs have gotten fed up with DIA and CIA approaches to
OSINT
and the Senate Armed Services has an Emerging Threats sub-committee that is
drolling over the prospects of making intelligence reform its little ball
of wax--
and since it is within Armed Services where the money really is, this could
be
interesting.

         c)  a new President, almost certainly a Republican, will be
elected.  If Gore or Bradley are elected this will be a negative, their
folks don't
know or care about intelligence.

General note to one and all: I care deeply about intelligence reform, and
if any of you have any knowledge or insights that would help me press
forward on
this matter, I would certainly welcome your emails and calls.  Best wishes
to all.

At 04:46 PM 1/16/2000 -0500, Ralph McGehee wrote:
>I am amused that someone like Robert Steele who devotes his life to
>changing the intelligence community considers it to be unchangeable.
>His (our) sisyphean-like curse?

Robert D. Steele, President                     Direct Email: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
OPEN SOURCE SOLUTIONS Inc.              Voice: (703) 242-1700
Post Office Box 369                             Facsimile: (703) 242-1711
Oakton, Virginia 22124-0369                     Web: <www.oss.net>