</A> -Cui Bono?-

http://www.trimonline.org/bulletin/fall_1999/california/38/

Stop All Foreign Aid—NOW!

                      Congress votes to give away another
$12,700,000,000

                      Ask most Americans about "foreign aid" and their
blood pressure zooms. They’ve
                      heard the horror stories over the years about the
rampant waste and fraud that often
                      prevents aid from ever reaching those it was
supposed to help.

                      In 1982, a U.S. Senator’s office set out to find
the cost of foreign aid from 1946 up until
                      that time. It proved to be a huge task. When
interest on borrowed money was added in
                      (yes, much of the aid had to be borrowed before we
could give it away!) the estimated
                      total cost was over $2.3 trillion! And that was
over 17 years ago.

                      Even if it were shown that some foreign aid has
been beneficial, there is no
                      authorization for such spending in the U.S.
Constitution. But, on August 3rd, 385
                      members of the House voted for a $12.7 billion
foreign-aid giveaway. If your
                      congressman was one of them, ask him why.

ALSO, visit http://www.trimonline.org/bulletin/select_state.htm
which enable you to access your Congressperson's voting record,
detailed in the following Post.

God blesses those who bless you.
Bard