</A> -Cui Bono?-

http://www.forteantimes.com/artic/94/moon.html

THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON LANDINGS

The idea that we went to the Moon - and that we were successful in our Apollo
endeavours - is so firmly embedded in the cultural lives of most people on
this planet, that to voice the opinion that this might be untrue smacks of
paranoia and to present evidence for these doubts smacks of heresy. If this
opinion is correct, then the majority of us have been conned; that, we've
been taken for a ride that has lasted 27 years. A ride that's been generating
its own momentum and most of us are still on it! Throughout aviation history
and space exploration, the prime and lasting record of our achievements has
been preserved as photographic images, movie film and in recent times,
television coverage. We are in no doubt that these records reflect the actual
events as they occurred, disasters and triumphs included. Particularly in the
exploration of space - and going to the Moon is a perfect example in which
there are no independent witnesses to the actual events- we have the right to
expect the record to be genuine, honestly portrayed, and responsibly
reported. In actual fact, mankind has no proof at all that we ever set foot
on the Moon, other than the photographs that NASA has elected to publish. In
this article, David Percy, an award winning film and TV producer, 'focuses'
on some of these images, formulating the kind of brief that might have been
given to the first lunar surface photographers to produce such questionable
images. While such matters as the alleged Moon rocks are important, if the
Apollo photos are faked, then they and everything else will find its own
place in this NASA jigsaw.

We are now waking up to the possibility that NASA's photographic coverage of
the landings on the Moon between 1969 and 1972 may not be genuine - this
includes both the film and the TV broadcasts. Following detailed photographic
analysis of NASA images, I have gained compelling evidence that there was
indeed a falsification of the record and although NASA might seek to justify
its actions, there can be no acceptable defence for such dishonesty. Those
whom I call 'Whistle-Blowers' appear to have encoded the information needed
to discover this sad truth. Their information is found in the photography, in
the processing and in the final compositing and retouching. I have organised
my discoveries under the headings of a series of photographic rules.

Photo rule No 1:

Light travels in straight, parallel lines at any given moment. Shadow
directions are constant because the light comes from the sun over 90 million
miles away.

Take a look at photo 1, typical tree shadows. Notice the virtual parallel
lines of shadow - and the shadow side of the trees is dark. No detail. This
is not surprising.

Now compare with the panoramic shot, photo 2, supposedly taken on the Moon,
you can work out where the sources of light are! ... Not very far away! These
shadows are not parallel.

In photo 3 they converge to a point on the alleged lunar surface. This is an
impossible situation in natural sunlight. Also notice that the shadow side
isn't dark and the shaded side of the gold visor reflects a bright source of
light. Very surprising! Daytime on the lunar surface lasts for a period of 14
'Earth' days, but in the NASA images, shadow lengths vary within the time
frame (a few hours or days) of the alleged mission. Shadow lengths are at
odds with the sun angles at the time of the supposed trip.

For example, during 'Apollo 11' the sun was at 10 degrees above the horizon
but the pictures depict 30 degrees or so! See photo 4. Is this a mistake, or
a Whistle-Blower's clue? Varying shadow lengths within any given picture or
TV scene imply more than one light source, sometimes positioned at different
heights! Clearly, if a picture is genuine, it's not possible to have
variations in shadow direction within any one picture.

The shadows in photo 5 are all over the place.

Again in photo 6, there are more shadow 'problems' with the rocks. Long
shadows, short shadows, grey shadows, dark shadows, some filled-in, some not
filled-in - real Whistle-Blowing!

The TV image, photo 7, is another example of differential shadow lengths.
Additionally, there is visual evidence of the use of a large, very near,
ARTIFICIAL source of light.

The TV image, photo 8, shows a reflection of a light source occupying
approximately 25% of the convex visor. This, in my view, indicates the use of
a super-light of an incredible size, positioned extremely close to the action.

Photo rule No 2:

Light in a vacuum is high contrast - ie. very bright on the sun side, very
dark on the shadow side - and on the Moon there is no atmosphere to help
fill-in or soften/lighten the shadows. Consider 'Apollo 16'.

In photo 9, you see the shadow area of an 'astronaut' filed-in, indicating
the deployment of reflectors (not seen in the TV coverage) or other fill-in
and/or secondary light sources. This lighting had to be high on a rig. That
is why it was impossible for them to maintain the actual low (sun)light
angles!

Calculations indicate that at the time of the alleged 'Apollo 17' the sun
angle was approximately 5 degrees but the sun angle in the pictures is far
greater (see photo 10). Note the filled-in astronaut and in photo 11 the
filled-in LM (Lunar Module). Some very fed up Whistle-Blowers in action!

After running this article FT had a huge postbag. Read some more on this
topic...