</A> -Cui Bono?-

please distribute widely !

Dave Hartley
http://www.Asheville-Computer.com/dave

This is a release making the Corvallis Oregon WTO teach-in freely
available for airing -
Contact Michael R. Van Handel <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (541) 752-2269
========================

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2/6/00

CONTACT: Mike Van Handel, (541) 752-2269 ([EMAIL PROTECTED])

Webcast to feature Corvallis WTO teach-in

Audio of Tuesday evening's WTO teach-in at the Majestic Theatre will be
available to anyone in the world with Web access via a "webcast", according
to Sam Ettaro of Unisun Communications, Corvallis.

Ettaro said that he was attracted to the teach-in, organized by Corvallis
Action on Globalization, as a subject for a webcast by "the potential to
educate people who may not be up to speed on just what is happening with
the WTO and the general 'globalization' of the economy: what it means,
where it's taking us, and the direct impact on our everyday lives...

"Also, it's very important to keep the momentum going after the Seattle
protest.  We need to be sure that we keep this issue in the forefront of
people's minds. It's all-encompassing  and affects every single aspect of
our lives."

Information on the webcast is available on the World Wide Web at
www.unisun.org.

Potentially, the webcast can make the teach-in available to tens of
thousands of people around the world, Ettaro said. People listening to the
event on the web will be able to participate in near real-time by e-mailing
questions or comments through the Unisun website as the event is  underway.

"Right now, due to monetary constraints  we're going to have a limited
number of feeds available," Ettaro said. "For now, I'm just telling people:
'The early surfer catches the feed!'

Ettaro founded Unisun three years ago with the intent of basing his company
on the internet. He began live webcasts in January when he covered a
performance of Kerosene Dream at the Fox and Firkin in Corvallis. A few
days later, he webcast a performance by Greg Brown.

"During the Greg Brown show," Ettaro said, "we received responses from
Quebec,
St. Paul, Colorado, Alaska....All over the place."

The teach-in begins at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 8.

[ This is Pacific Time, or 3 a.m February 9 Universal time ]