</A> -Cui Bono?-

Even if it does appear on Urban Legends, I will be giving bananas a rest for
a while.

Peter

From: Dr.  Joseph Puleo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> Sent: Friday, February
04, 2000 5:43 PM Subject: [Fwd: [Fwd: Bananas...]] Warning:

Several shipments of bananas from Costa Rica have been infected with
necrotizing fasciitis, otherwise known as flesh eating bacteria. Recently
this disease has decimated the monkey population in Costa Rica.  We are now
just learning that the disease has been able to graft itself to the skin of
fruits in the region, most notably the Banana which is Costa Rica's largest
export.

Until this finding scientist were not sure how the infection was being
transmitted.

It is advised not to purchase Bananas for the next three weeks as this is
the period of time for which bananas that have been shipped to the US with
the possibility of carrying this disease.  If you have eaten a banana in the
last
2-3 days and come down with a fever followed by a skin infection seek
"Medical Attention"!!!

The skin infection from necrotizing fasciitis is very painful and eats two
to three centimeters of flesh per hour.  Amputation is likely, death is
possible..

If you are more than an hour from a medical center burning the flesh ahead
of the infected area is advised to help slow the spread of the infection.

The FDA has been reluctant to issue a country wide warning because of fear
of a nationwide panic.  They have secretly admitted that they feel upwards
of 15,000 Americans will be affected by this but that these are acceptable
numbers.

Please forward this to as many people you care about as possible as we do
not feel 15,000 people is an acceptable number.

Manheim Research Institute

Cynthia Adams [EMAIL PROTECTED] Phone:  770-319-0909 Fax:
770-319-1802

We are about to go on a Journey. All Aboard
http://sites.netscape.net/gsussnzl/poleshift