</A> -Cui Bono?-

In a message dated 02/09/2000 12:17:08 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< Strategic writings by China's military and party leaders show that China is
 making plans for war, according to a new Pentagon study.

 Some 600 translations of internal Chinese writings by 200 authors reveal
 China's strategy to defeat a superior foe, using both military and
 nonmilitary means, such as propaganda, deception and covert action.

 They also reveal the extreme distrust of the United States by China's
 military and party leaders. Chinese generals state that the United States
 intentionally bombed the Chinese Embassy in Belgrade, Yugoslavia, last May
 as part of a long-term strategy to prompt an arms race that will cause
 China's collapse. >>

I'm certainly not surprised.  Our Congress's attitude toward China, Chinese
Americans and other matters that concern China has been rude and insulting to
say the least.   We certainly have done our best to tell them we consider
them a rather barbaric enemy.  Our Congress has done its best to avoid
diplomacy in any of its dealings with things Oriental and especially things
Chinese.  One does not have to admire every aspect of another culture to
remember that more influence can be exerted with a smile than an insult.
Prudy