</A> -Cui Bono?-

[WARNING: This is not to be compared to a Drudge's quickly
withdraw printing of an accusation regarding Blumenthal's wife
beating which was clearly sourced to others since that matter is
still in the courts ...]

- -

<http://nypost.com/news/24674.htm>

HILL: I JUMPED GUN ON DIALLO ŚMURDER'

By GREGG BIRNBAUM

Senate candidate Hillary Rodham Clinton now says she "misspoke"
when she used the term "murder" in January to describe the
shooting death of Amadou Diallo.

"That was just a misstatement on my part," she told WNBC's Gabe
Pressman in an interview airing today.

Asked if she was sorry she called the incident a murder before
the four officers who did the shooting are judged in a court of
law, Clinton said: "Absolutely, yes. I mean, that's what the jury
should decide."

Clinton has taken flack for her "murder" comment, made during a
Martin Luther King Jr. birthday celebration at the Rev. Al
Sharpton's Harlem headquarters last month.

Campaigning yesterday in a whirlwind tour of every borough,
Clinton said she would not be sidetracked by attacks from her
all-but-announced opponent Mayor Giuliani.

"At least I'm going to discuss the issues in this campaign," she
said during a stop at York College in Jamaica, Queens.

"I will not be diverted from talking about what I know can help
people."

At Bronx County Democratic headquarters, Clinton drew laughs from
the crowd when called herself an "immigrant" from Washington,
comparing herself to the many New Yorkers who come here from
other nations.

Clinton was supposed to receive the endorsement of Bronx Rep.
Jose Serrano at the rally, but Serrano never showed because he's
feuding with county Democratic leader Roberto Ramirez, sources
said. Serrano issued a statement making the endorsement.

At a senior-citizens center in Flushing, Clinton charged that
HMOs are wasting up to 40 percent of their budgets on "fancy
offices," sky-high executive salaries and other nonmedical
expenses.

At the center, there were many Holocaust survivors, and Clinton
was asked about the rise in Austria of the far-right Freedom
Party run by Joerg Haider.

"I am very concerned about that. I feel so strongly we can't ever
forget," she said, referring to the Holocaust.

"We have to watch this very closely."

A day after The Post reported Clinton had failed to tip an
upstate waitress when the owner of a diner gave her a free
breakfast, the first lady was scheduled for three eatery
appearances.

At La Caridad in Washington Heights, she met with supporters but
didn't eat a meal.

Later, she ducked into Junior's in Brooklyn and, without sitting
at a table, was given a heart-shaped strawberry cheesecake --
which she vowed she'd give her hubby, the president, on
Valentine's Day.

A reception with Staten Island Democrats at R.H. Tugs restaurant
in Richmond Terrace was scheduled for later.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.