</A> -Cui Bono?-

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 14:41:25 -0800 (PST)
From: Franklin Wayne Poley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED],
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], ja4 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
     [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: [LIFE-GAZETTE] Quaecumque Vera

From: Franklin Wayne Poley <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

     http://www.vcn.bc.ca/culturex/The-Question-Nobody-Will-Answer.htm

Dear Senator McCain:
                     I note your comment to the effect that Bob Jones
University has entered the 18th. century and now it is about time they
entered the 21st. Well, here is the Internet, the new medium of the
21st. century with an opportunity for DEVOTEES OF TRUTH second to none.
The motto of U of A where I received my doctorate is "Quaecumque Vera",
which means "whatsoever things be true". Jesus Christ said, "I came to
tell the truth" and also claimed to be truth personified, ie "I am the
way, the truth and the life".
   Now, do you wonder why the religionists NEVER engage in a sustained
Internet discussion, the purpose of which is to arrive at a better
understanding of TRUTH? Could it be that they don't want their untruths
exposed? Can Dr. Bob Jones, III defend his position on the Internet that
he has a better understanding of the Gospels (as claimed on Larry King
Live) than Pope John Paul II? How easy it is to make such a claim on TV
which allows one to put forward a valid or invalid point and then run away
from it, knowing that even Larry King won't pursue it further. The
Internet allows no such evasiveness. So let's hear from III and II on the
Internet.
   The teachings of Christ spawned scores of nations
(cultures/civilizations/complete societies). According to Eusebius, in
Historia Ecclesiastica, ca. 300 AD, some 30 popes in Rome were executed
and countless lives were lost in the Ten Great Persecutions before the
Arenas shut down. Obviously these teaching were meant to translate into
real, in-this-world activities from individual to collective; and
'collective' extends from family to community to nation. Perhaps they were
even meant to extend to the planetary level. What would the
"official" religion of Mars be? Would the Martian Constitution be like the
Sri Lankan Constitution which is explicitly Buddhist or like the Irish
Constitution which is explicitly Trinitarian Christian or the Iranian
which is explicitly Muslim? Or would it have some other foundational
values?
   Beyond that, how do those values translate into "Culture X"? Does it
not impress you as hypocritical that Christian missionaries can describe
many pagan cultures very well but cannot describe their own culture? What
is their Culture of Truth? Can they describe it and defend it as a
"Blueprint for Mars" (or other space civilizations) on the Internet?
Bob Jones University has more population in its students, staff and alumni
than some of the ancient Greek City States so numbers are no excuse. The
Greeks were able to articulate, build and operate their "cultures of
choice" and some were very successful. The Greeks didn't have the benefit
of the "world's biggest library" which is the information now carried over
the Internet.
   The Canadian Constitution, Charter Section, begins with the words,
"Whereas Canada is founded upon principles that recognize the supremacy of
God...." Given that this God is a God of Truth, perhaps BJU, Liberty U
(Falwell), Southern Baptist Theological Seminary, Trinity Western U
etc. can tell Canada about their approximation to a civilization which
does "all for the glory of God" (I Cor. 10:31). When Svend Robinson, MP
was about to table a petition to remove the word "God" from the Canadian
Constitution, Elsie Wayne, MP said "Over my dead body". I asked Don
Boudria, MP what the legal definition of God is (everything else under the
sun gets defined in Canadian laws) and he said to ask the religion
experts. I did. You can imagine how they are now falling over each other
to reveal how knowledgeable they are on this subject. "Ask and ye shall
receive". All you have to do Senator is ask and these representatives of
Christ on Planet Earth will tell you how America's "Culture of
Truth" would be according to the teachings of Christ and how Americans
would all be so much better off living under such conditions. Just ask
these great agents of truth and they will tell you how to design complete
cultures of truth for the Moon, Mars etc. as America will surely start
permanent space colonies in this century. After all, they are the salt and
light of the human race, not to be hid under a bushel.
   Thus we submit our question to Falwell's email address which explictly
invites questions. And we await an answer. Why do you think it is not
forthcoming? Is it because a high and mighty Falwell only answers to "big
and powerful" people? Do you have to give him a lot of money first? Or is
it just that we are dealing here with someone who should be charged under
RICO laws because he is only a RELIGION RACKETEER? A social parasite who
can parrot Scripture without comprehension...and act requiring no more
functioning bytes than a robot cockroach. Refer to the Alife Chapter of
my book, http://users.uniserve.com/~culturex/Machine-Psychology.htm for
the unit on insect robots. That section also contains a reference to
"Robopope" to be fair. You see, if the religionists function only
according to a limited set of conditioned responses, we can replace them
with robots even sooner than US Presidents!
Sincerely-FWP.

MAXIMIZE YOUR CARD, MINIMIZE YOUR RATE!
Get a NextCard Visa, in 30 seconds!  Get rates as low as
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2122/1/_/564407/_/952296102/

What would a complete society be like if it were to "do all for the glory of God"? (I
Corinthians 10:31). What would Canada be like if it were a "Godly Society" functioning
in this manner?