</A> -Cui Bono?-

3/5/00

Energy Secretary Bill Richardson publicly gave the OK
for OPEC to raise oil prices.

This whole game the bastards are playing has something to do
with presidential politics.

Well duuhh, you say. But it's hard to tell at this point who
is benefiting politically.

The end of this month will be the next Opec meeting where they
will BEGIN to raise production. Not LOWER THE PRICE mind you,
but raise production. Which is simply the way to extend high
prices while making it look like you are actually doing something
significant.

This talk of releasing the oil reserves is utter bullshit, and
more of the same. It allows high prices to continue while the
government gives the appearance of concern for us poor suffering
Americans who are just now discovering that maybe those gas guzzling
monstrosities the middle class has been buying could get really
expensive. And speaking of expensive, using petroleum powered trucks
to move EVERYTHING including basics foods, will raise the price of
all goods.

We are being gouged by the international oil industry which INCLUDES
the American companies as well because they ALSO benefit from the
high price of oil.

This is capitalism. There is NO invisible hand. There is only private
control of vital commodities. Any capitalist who has achieved
monopoly,
or oligopoly DETERMINES market needs.

It looks like encouragement for inflation. Increasing Fed rates also
encourages inflation. The big boys have played out the little piggy
investors on Wall St. Now it's the banks' turn to fleece the flock of
Dodos.

Joshua2