[EMAIL PROTECTED],Internet writes:

>You mean Mae Brussell

>knew all this, a not so ordinary housewife, she would have
>apparently let me into her home for tea and cookies and a REAL

>history lesson.  What a gal!

As the death threats and break-ins piled up she became more selective
about who she let in. Apparently she wasn't quite selective enough.

I never met Mae in person. We spoke on the phone a number of times,
especially during the period in '87-'88 when some friends and I  were
organizing the Fourth Reich in America Conference. She was too sick to
participate but gave a lot of advice. The name, for instance, was her
idea.

I came to know her work through hearing it repeated by her disciple Dave
Emory whose radio broadcasts can be heard in the Bay Area. Mae's could not
be heard north of about Santa Cruz. I never would have even heard OF Mae
if it weren't for Dave.

It was through my relationship with John Judge that my partner and I came
to be packing up, moving and then guarding her archives after she died.

Some people believe Mae lasted as long as she did because her broadcasts
covered such a remote area of the Central Coast. Shortly before her demise
her show was syndicated in LA. Suddenly she was reaching millions. Some
folks believe this is why she was killed. Personally, I think she pissed
off Army Intelligence. She was working on two cases at the end, Aquino and
Kramer, both of which tied into Army Intelligence deeply.

But of course we'll never know.

I heard recently that her archives are now in the hands of Virginia
McCullough, but I haven't confirmed that yet. It would be nice if someday
they became available to the public. It was her last wish. John was
attempting to set this up in Santa Cruz but he and Dave fell out and the
project crumbled. Oh well.

There will never be another Mae, but her work goes on. "Divide it up," she
told us, "Take one aspect that interests you and just study the hell out
of it."

That's what I'm doing here and on [EMAIL PROTECTED], studying the hell out
of a tiny part of Mae's field.