</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000316b - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Yesterday's bulletins: http://web.pitas.com/skeptinews/15_03_2000.html
* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Portal to notices, excuses, overflow, links: http://skepticon.pitas.com
* No crusading porn tsars were sexually abused to produce this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ The Elder Gods: http://www.sightings.com/splashscreens/elder.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Basis for power beads much older than recent trend (U-WIRE) WACO, Texas --
  Though just a recent trend for some, the popular power beads hold deeper
  meaning for others. Power beads are elastic beaded bracelets that come in
  various colors and are usually worn by females. . "I wasn't feeling very
  confident the day of my calculus test, so I wore my amethyst bracelet for
  brain power and intelligence. Now I believe the bracelets work because I
  ended up doing really well." http://news.excite.com/news/uw/000315/odd-70

: Do you channel power through rocks? Do you use tiny/little/medium/big/huge
crystals/pebbles/meteorites? Do your rocks move you further/same/closer to
material gain, personal satisfaction, good sex, eternal salvation? Would you
kill for rocks? Would rocks kill for you? D'ya have many rocks in your head?

# Hajj pilgrims told: Westward, NO!. (BBC) Muslim pilgrims performing the
  Hajj have been urged to shun Western traditions and materialism. Learn
  to be happy with superstition, poverty, dictators. And kill the Jews too:
 http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/middle_east/newsid_679000/679624.stm

@ Hajj Information: http://www.mecjv.com/hajj3.htm
@ Hajj Information Centre: http://islam.org/islamicity/hajj/
@ Saudi Arabia Information Resource: http://www.saudinf.com/main/start.htm

: Note: the holiest ritual in Islam revolves around a giant meteorite that
was worshipped in pre-Muslim times - nothing like absorbing paganism, eh?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Utah has America's 1st 'porn czar' - Law coming to 'codify our highest
  moral aspirations' - http://www.asahi.com/english/nyt/0316/nyt031605.html
# Libraries allow Internet sex crimes? Tons of online porn - burn all books:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_dougherty/20000316_xnjdo_libraries_.shtml

@ Hot Vintage Robot Porn: http://www.iamlost.com/features/robotporn/
# Roman Catholic priest will help ordain his son - mom was a nun:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2564988078-9e0
# Slow Gals: http://news.excite.com/news/ap/000315/16/women-vs-men

: Does your life/religion/culture revolve around sex? Can you be religious
without sex? Can you be sexy without religion? Does your belief system make
predictions? Does it tell you if you'll "get lucky?" Does it send ex-clerics
/robots/images/athletes to you for sex/salvation/salivation? Are they hot?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Pol Turns to Gypsy Fortune Teller. MOSCOW (Reuters) Russian nationalist
  Vladimir Zhirinovsky, his poll ratings stuck in the cellar, turned to a
  Gypsy fortune teller for good news on his campaign for the March 26 presi-
  dential election. http://news.excite.com/news/r/000316/12/odd-zhirinovsky

# Grumpy atheists fight back - TAKE YOUR GOD AND SHOVE IT!
  www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_ronthal/20000316_xcint_grumpy_ath.shtml
# AND THE WINNER IS... 'Christian Oscars' presented in Hollywood [yawn]
  http://www.worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_exnews/20000316_xex_and_winner_.shtml
# Fine for torching 'gay-pride' flag - GOD MADE ME DO IT! GOD WON!
  http://www.dispatch.com/news/newsfea00/mar00/207358.html

: What's y'r favorite paranormal/religious/political/cultural/sexual belief?
Are most Gypsy fortune-tellers more entertaining/honest than Xian cinema? Do
your deities tell you what to do/think/feel? Are your deities grumpy? Why?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Young stars in cosmic dance. (BBC) A trio of newborn stars, 1,400 light-
  years distant, are engaged in a complex dance revealed by Nasa's Hubble
  Space Telescope (HST). Two are now closely embracing, while the third
  has been thrown from their company. Stellar deities do a menage-a-trois:
  http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_679000/679903.stm

# SCIENTISTS MAP 'DARK MATTER' - US Navy seeks to have map classified:
  http://www.discovery.com/news/briefs/20000310/space_darkmatter.html
# INTERESTING STRUCTURAL FEATURES ON EROS ASTEROID - skull face seen:
  http://www.spaceflightnow.com/news/0003/08nearfeatures/index.html
# IMPACT EVENTS SHAPED RISE OF CIVILIZATION - devastated early
  cultures: http://www.spacer.com/spacecast/news/deepimpact-00a.html

: Have you consorted with many stellar deities lately?Are they hot? Do their
thrashings threaten to upset/crush your stellar/planetary/social system? Can
you make them slow down? Have you thrown any asteroids at them? Did it work?

# YUKON METEORITE RECOVERED - May Provide "New Window Into the Universe".
  Fragments of a meteor that exploded over the Yukon in January, 2000,
  have been collected and turned over to Canadian and NASA scientists
  for analysis. Potentially the most important space rock  in at least
  31 years. http://spacescience.com/headlines/y2000/ast16mar_1.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Conspiracies'R'Us:

# Pakistan has ingredients for lighter nuke - can put plutonium warheads
  in M-11 missiles: http://www.vny.com/cf/News/upidetail.cfm?QID=71670
# THREAT OF CHINESE INVASION INTENSIFIES; TAIWAN STOCKS FALL - Beijing
  manipulating vote? http://CNN.com/2000/ASIANOW/east/03/16/taiwan.china/
# China's military links forces - Will boost ability to fight with combined
  army, navy, air power: http://208.246.212.80/world/default-20003162315.htm
# BIRDS LOST http://news.excite.com/news/r/000315/14/science-science-pigeons

# Fuel-cell future for gasoline? Researchers find way to run 'green' engines
  on hydrocarbons - but it ain't solar yet: http://msnbc.com/news/382483.asp
# Feds blamed for high gas prices - 'endless government meddling' or what?
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_dougherty/20000316_xnjdo_feds_blame.shtml
# Don't cry for Bush, Argentina - Dubya uses family name in foreign affairs,
  oil dealings: http://www.motherjones.com/mother_jones/MA00/argentina.html
# Oil is well for Bush - Kuwaiti campaign chicanery - ruin economy to win:
  http://worldnetdaily.com/bluesky_excomm/20000316_xex_oil_well_wit.shtml

# Bin Laden 'dying of kidney failure' - self-abuse or poisoned?
  http://news.excite.com/news/r/000316/04/afghan-binladen
@ Urine Therapy For Health: http://www.skepdic.com/urine.html
@ Firewalking For Hot Fun: http://www.mastery.net/firewalk/

# I-Opening Hack: $200 PC www.wired.com/news/technology/0,1282,34977,00.html
# Mattel subsidiary sues censorware hackers - Cyber Patrol® lashes out,
  froths, spasms: www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2564992136-b62
# Hacker tracker developed - New system can trace intruders even in worst
  conditions: www.koreaherald.co.kr/news/2000/03/__10/20000316_1047.htm
# Man arrested in job cyber attack - used codes to disable computers:
  http://www.infobeat.com/stories/cgi/story.cgi?id=2564991297-8a8

  "I saw nothing unusual in the teacher's lounge." --Bart Simpson

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiNews bulletins now *ONLINE* at: http://skeptinews.pitas.com/
* Fringes of: Science, Faith, Paranormal, Conspiracy, Sex, Dope, Art