</A> -Cui Bono?-

SkeptiNews 000317a - - - - - - - - - - - All The News That's Fit To Question

* Yesterday's bulletins: http://web.pitas.com/skeptinews/16_03_2000.html
* Passages starting with ':' are editorial comments to provoke discussion.
* PLEASE do NOT include the ENTIRE bulletin when you reply; cut/paste, eh?
* Portal to notices, excuses, overflow, links: http://skepticon.pitas.com
* No interplanetary probes were sexually abused to produce this bulletin.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

@ Desert Triangle: http://www.sightings.com/splashscreens/trides.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# TRIANGLE SIGHTING - Blackfoot, Idaho. I was spending a moonless night
  'urban camping' in the back yard of my only friend in this town, and we
  had our sleeping bags out in the back yard, under the stars. As we fin-
  ally settled down to try to sleep, my friend became excited and exclai-
  med that I should look quickly, that there was a UFO in the sky. I was
  skeptical and refused to be fooled. http://transsexual.org/OBJECT.html

# (Arizona sighting of aircraft that may or may not have been UFOs, ten
  days before) The Ides Of March: http://www.caus.org/mu031700.htm
@ The Pine Bush Landings: http://members.xoom.com/cornetbr1/landing.htm

: Have many UFOs crashed/landed/appeared in your neighborhood lately? Do the
pesky nuisances interfere with air/ground/sea traffic, sleep/work/sex, radio
/TV reception? Do you wish they'd go away? Have you shot down any lately??

# Arkansas Mystery Crash/Fire: http://sightings.com/politics6/mystfire.htm
# Arkansas Mystery - A Bolide? http://www.sightings.com/politics6/bol.htm
# Latest Pix From Crash/Fire: http://freetime.netfirms.com/fireball2.html
# Mysterious Fire Near Little Rock: http://www.sightings.com/ufo6/myst.htm
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# The Red Planet Goes Hollywood. THROWING hundreds of millions of dollars at
  the planet Mars without any certainty of a return on the investment is
  something the US space agency NASA has been doing for decades. Now Holly-
  wood is getting in on the act as well. http://www.caus.org/pn031700.htm
# The Disney/NASA Connection: http://history.msfc.nasa.gov/sf/disney.html

@ The Mars Egypt Connection (and NASA says there is no life on Mars) - Face
  On Mars & Face of Sphinx - with Measurements - Pyramids on Mars & Pyramids
  in Egypt - coincidence? http://www.earthchangestv.com/facemars/overlay.htm
@ Ancient Egypt Gives Up Secrets That May Change The World - but only if
  we obey The Masters: http://www.sightings.com/politics6/ancient.htm

: Did you learn everything y'need to know in life on Mars; in old Egypt; in
a sandbox elsewhere; in a Bible; at Disneyland? Would you rather throw money
at Mars, Egypt, Hollywood, me? Have you built any pyramids/sphinxes lately?

# Life On Mars? Ask Volcanoes: http://unisci.com/stories/20001/0317003.htm
# One Of 'Rods' Flying On Mars? http://www.netside.net/~tbeech/d1.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Meteorite Fragments In Northwest Called 'Cosmic Bonanza' For Scientists.
  VANCOUVER (Reuters) - A meteorite that dazzled viewers when it exploded
  in the atmosphere over the wilderness of the Canada-Alaska border may
  soon provide scientists with a glimpse into life before the Earth was
  created. http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/nm/20000316/sc/space_canada_1.html

# Huge Asteroid Collision With Earth Could Kill Off Humans. CORVALLIS, Or.
  (AFP) If a giant asteroid slammed into the Earth, the devastation could be
  so great that humans would die in an extinction similar the one that wiped
  out the dinosaurs: http://ens.lycos.com/ens/mar2000/2000L-03-15-07.html

: Are meteorites/asteroids/stars our friends? Do cosmic forces focus on you/
me/Earth/Sol? Do deities toss planetary fragments at Earth for a giggle? Do
humans deserve to be wiped out by cosmic forces/debris? Will you be missed?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# NASA Probes Impact Of Magnetic Storms. NASA will soon launch the first
  spacecraft dedicated to imaging the Earth's magnetosphere -- an invisible
  magnetic field surrounding the planet that is strongly influenced by the
  solar wind. http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/03/000317051617.htm

# Big Bangs For Northern Lights Fans - Earth to be thoroughly irradiated:
  http://www.earthchangestv.com/breaking/March2000/0316bigbangs.htm
# Aurarae: http://abcnews.go.com/sections/science/DyeHard/dye81.html
@ Sky Paintings: http://www.exploratorium.edu/learning_studio/auroras/
@ Aurora: http://www.exploratorium.edu/learning_studio/auroras/photo.html

: What's your favorite solar storm? Should we build a shield around Earth to
protect us from cosmic storms? Do solar magnetics make your dental fillings
hurt? Does the sun send you coded messages in its magnetic pulses? Say what?
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# WHITES GET OUT - ALA. The Aztlan Liberation Army (ALA), known in the US as
  La Raza, is a Communist Army funded by the Communist Chinese & Cuba. They
  are trained in Mexico by Cubans and Chinese, with a few expatriot Russians
  & Sandenistas thrown in for flavor. Their purpose is to wage war on the US
  to take back the lands that the US stole from Mexico in 1848. The ALA has
  millions of sympathetic supporters and/or soldiers in the United States,
  willing, ready and waiting to assist the Aztlan Liberation Army (ALA) in
  killing the white pigs & reclaiming what is rightfully theirs: CALIFORNIA,
  NEVADA, ARIZONA AND NEW MEXICO. http://www.sightings.com/politics6/az.htm

: Have you stolen/subverted/bankrupted any nations lately? Was it fun? Was/
is retribution justified/expected/inevitable? Will enraged masses swarm over
the entrenched powers, wiping them from the map? Is retribution affordable?

# Negative Currency Creates Problems. Toronto, ON - The Canadian dollar
  reached another record low today, closing at -15.43¢ US. The negative-
  valued dollar is causing a number of logistical problems for Canadian
  businesses. http://www3.bc.sympatico.ca/defenestrate/dollar.html
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

# Virtual Elements Have Chemistry. The Periodic Table is a panoramic land-
  scape. Hydrogen & helium: sharp peaks rise from a quiet metal sea. A mag-
  nesium valley extends to a sodium gorge. New 3-D models help us understand
  the eye-glazing data of atomic properties, by transforming data into a
  visual wonderland. http://www.wired.com/news/culture/0,1284,34903,00.html

# We Live In The Past - If you think you’re living in the past, you’re
  right — and science can tell you just how far behind the times you are.
  It’s at least 80 milliseconds, just slightly longer than the blink of
  an eye: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2000/03/000317051503.htm

: Do you see the world around you as it is; as it was; as it will/can/should
be? Do you see the dynamics of atomic/molecular interractions? D'ya see the
flow of energies between nodes? Can'ya see what I'm pointing at you? Really?

# Retinal Stem Cells In Adult Eye: Regeneration Possible? How many new eye-
  balls would you like to have? http://unisci.com/stories/20001/0317005.htm
# New treatment may reverse memory loss due to schizophrenia, Parkinson's,
  other disorders: http://www.eurekalert.org/releases/aaas-ntm031600.html
# Bitter taste receptors identified: http://www.hhmi.org/news/zuker.htm

  "I posted a rant about homeopathy to alt.support.sleep-disorders
   cure snoring. Someone emailed me and said the way people should
   pay for homeopathic crap is by soaking a dollar bill in water
   overnight and giving them the water." --Mike Cummings

* Rev.R.Carter, ULC * http://skepticon.pitas.com * FAX: 603-415-3736
* SkeptiNews bulletins now *ONLINE* at: http://skeptinews.pitas.com/
* Fringes of Thought, Experience, Behavior, Knowledge, Foreboding...