</A> -Cui Bono?-

Well, either We detect some "Grapes of Wrath" at the Oscars,
or are we not "All Is Quiet on the Western Front".? Given your
comments - all well desirved I might add - You're giving the
Screen Actors Guild and the Academy "Das Boot" ? Zer Goot !

The majority of the Gen. X Crowd would do well listening to their
Grandparents as to the Truth of Real American History that they
lived through. Those of us in our late 40's can remember our parents
tell us the Truth how they grew up in and lived through the Great
Depression, WW II, and Korea. We in the 40's can relate to the
Gen. X crowd the Truth of Nam and Why We Aren't "Fonda Jane"!

Some of the pundits critized "Saving Private Ryan" calling it -
"Shaving Ryan's Private's". Because of the Ads and reviews I did
go to see the movie, And the Effects Really Rattled My Nerves !

I remember was it 25 years ago, that George C. Scott played
General Patton, in "PATTON", and there was the "Battle of the
Buldge". When my Father, who was there in the Ardenn, in that
Town Surrounded y the German Divisions, He told me how they
made it through on Nothing But Courage. He was a War Hero many
times over. And had suffered the rest of his life from what he went
through. I remember he told me his G.I. General told the Nazi General
"NUTS" as  to terms of Surrender. He told me Never Ever Give Up
or Surrender ! I know that If God didn't allow for the Weather to break
for the U.S. Army Air Corps to get through, along with Patton's 3rd
Armored Division to break off one battle to race to their rescue - I
would Not have a Father to guide me growing up. And that Battle
would have been another "Alamo".

My Dad has been gone now  since 1982. And I never feel that I could
Thank Him Enough, or my Uncles, the rest of their Generation for what
Terrior they had to endure.Now the Torch has been passed onto us by
our parents. Those of us who are the Gen. X Parents have the Moral
Resposibility and Duty to Teach them the Truth of our American History,
NOT the Intellectual Flatulence that is written in the current "Revisionist
History and Social Studies Books".

Our American Culture is Valuable as it was passed on to us by those
generations that came before us. And we Must preserve it to pass it
"improved" onto the next one. For If we don't; when it is our time for
judgement, what will we say to those who made the ultiminate sacrifice
for our sake? To have let our Society to Degerate as much as it had,
or any further? As Gen. Douglas McArthur said at his farewell speach
to Congress, "Old Soldiers never Die,,,,They Just Fade Away." We
must always remember the Blood of the Patriots made this Nation Free,
And not let our Heritage, our Culture Fade Away. We Owe it to Them.

~ Mike ~
U.A.I.C.- VT.
* De Oppresso Liber *