Sexual intercourse between a married person and someone who is not his or her mate is
adultery.  (Ex. 20:14)

Fornication is sex between two unmarried people.  The apostle Paul said this is a sin
against the body.  He commands Christians to flee
fornication as a sin against self and God, for the believer's body is the temple of
the Holy Spirit (I Cor.6:18, 19), Paul says that if a
believer takes his body and joins it to a harlot (or someone who is immoral), he is
joining Jesus Christ to that person (I Cor. 6:15, 16).

It is very important to understand that neither fornicators nor adulterers will enter
the kingdom of heaven (I Cor. 6:9, 10).

In today's world, the term fornication is rarely used and immorality between unmarried
people is commonly accepted as a life-style.
But immorality, however commonplace, is a sin that will keep millions of people out of
heaven, unless they repent.

Insofar as abortion is concerned it is definitely wrong.

It is the taking of a human life, for the Bible shows that life begins at conception.
God fashions us while we are in our mother's womb
(Ps. 139:13).  The prophet Jeremiah and the apostle Paul were called by God before
they were born (Jer. 1:5; Gal. 1:15).
John the Baptist leaped in his mother's womb when the voice of Mary, the mother of the
Lord, was heard (Luke 1:44).  Obviously children in
the womb have spiritual identity.

>From the moment of conception there is a progression of development that continues
>through adulthood.  God condemned the Israelites who were
offering their children as sacrifices to the heathen god Molech.  Such children were
burned up in the fires of sacrifice (Lev. 20:2),
offered to a god of sensuality and convenience.

The same is occurring today, and by acting in this way we are saying that human beings
are not worth anything.  This is a terrible blot on
our society.

The Bible is not more specific on the matter of abortion because such a practice would
have been unthinkable to the people of God.

For instance, when Israel was in Egypt, a cruel Pharaoh forced the Israelites to kill
their newborn babies.  In the Bible this was looked
upon as the height of cruel oppression (Ex. 1:15-22).

The idea of killing their own children would have been anathema to the Hebrews.

All through the Old Testament, women yearned for children.

Children were considered a gift from God.  Women prayed not to be barren. How could a
righteous woman turn against her own children to
destroy them?

Abortion is not only unthinkable, it is also the height of pagan barbarity.

Blessings of Abundance and Health in all things Good.

ho tolmoon ti paralassein toon gegrammenoon ap' argees, ouk en hodoo aleetheias
histatai.

He who attempts to alter any part of the Scriptures, from indolence
or incapacity, stands not in the path of Truth.

Epiphanius Against Heresies, Book I.

Bard

Troy Heagy wrote:

> >Had you truly "hoped to marry" her you would have not inpregnated her
> >outside the bonds of marriage.  The very first time you violated a
> >female or were seduced by the desires of a female you lost your God-given
> >nobility.  ...
>
> Bullshit.
>
> If God had not meant men and women to have sex, why did he give us the
> equipment?  Why did he give us the attraction for one another?
>
> Troy
>
> P.S. Before someone claims I have no right to post to these various lists...
> well... I didn't ask to be sent this message either.

screeds are unwelcomed. Substance—not soap-boxing—please!  These are sordid
matters