Let me extend this request to ALL members of CTRL. PLEASE, people, post ONLY
in *text format*. Sure, I use Outlook Express and can read HTML messages
fine...much better, obviously, than Tenorlove and the others who use
Web-based mail such as Yahoo! and Hotmail. But as an IT professional, I also
know that HTML messages can carry viruses, especially if you use Outlook 9x
or 2000 and have enabled Word as your e-mail editor. There are also
Javascript and VBScript "viruses" that can travel directly in HTML, as well
as nasty Java applets that might as well be viruses. It's not simply a
matter of politeness, although that *is* a factor in my request. It's really
a matter of information hygiene--keeping your e-mail free of anything that
can, even potentially, harm someone else's system.

Please try to follow these two basic rules:
1. Always use text format. Not everyone has a mail program that can handle
HTML or fancy formatting.
2. Don't use attachments or URLs when you want to share something with the
list. Copy and paste the text into a message, and post *that*. (AOL users,
could you please try to keep that in mind? I know AOL doesn't make it easy,
but it really would help if you could *paste* text into your messages
instead of just forwarding it as an attachment.)

Thanks for helping....

Bob