from:
http://www.ibogaine.org/opinion.html
Click Here: <A HREF="http://www.ibogaine.org/opinion.html">The Ibogaine
Dossier. Opinions and more</A>
-----
OPINION

*   Could the root of an obscure African plant contain the secret to combattin
g addiction? An Independent on Sunday article (March 1999).

*   Is ibogaine the greatest pharmaceutical discovery of the late 20th
century, or will it turn out to be just another story of a maverick
visionary. A syndicated article by Simon Witter.

*   Fight to develop drug addiction therapy. A reprint from Nature Medicine.

*   Heantos. A Vietnamese medicine man gets addicted to drugs in an attempt
to find an all-natural cure for addicts. The United Nations Development
Program has said it will spend $400,000 to test the substance.

*   Reflections on an ibogaine experience. "I heard about ibogaine from a
friend in New York and then requested treatment for me and my boyfriend. We
were the first people to be treated in Holland. My ibogaine treatment took
place on October 25, 1989, in a hotel room in Amsterdam. My boyfriend had
been succesfully treated the day before."

*   For centuries a strongly hallucinating potion made from leaves and lianes
has been used in the South American jungle. This potion is called yage or ayah
uasca and it is mainly used in religious settings. Some information about
ayahuasca and a personal report by Hannah Bouma.

*   Eric Fromberg, Trimbos-instituut, Netherlands Institute of Mental Health
and Addiction
Mijn eerste confrontatie met het bestaan van ibogaine was de vermelding ervan
in het onvolprezen boek van Emboden: "Narcotic plants" en dat leerde me niet
veel meer dan dat Tabernanthe iboga, een struik uit west Afrika, een
hallucinogeen bevat met de naam ibogaine, totdat ik bijna 20 jaar later een
briefje van Simon Vinkenoog ontving, vergezeld van enige papieren die
handelden over het gebruik van ibogaine bij het afkicken.

*   John Morgan, Professor in Pharmacology, City University of New York
Medical School.
Initial disbelieve has changed after reviewing research results. "I can now
balance my skepticism with some appropriate optimism and look forward to the
NIDA studies."

*   Rick Doblin, MAPS. Now that NIDA has decided to enter the field of
ibogaine research, it is sparing no expense in gathering the required data.
Its leisurely timetable, however, leaves something to be desired.

*   NIDA and Ibogaine, by Bob Sisko.
Excerpts of Bob Sisko's remarks on May 12, 1993 to the 54th meeting of the
National Advisory Council On Drug Abuse at the National Institutes of Health,
Bethesda, Maryland

*   Bob Sisko about the First International Ibogaine Treatment Symposium.

*   Howard Lotsof, NDA Inc. describes the Endabuse Procedure in the
development of ibogaine to treat addiction.

*   The history of ibogaine and its patent holder. A reprint from City Sun

*   INTASH discusses the necessity of Addict Self-Help involvement in
Ibogaine treatment. They represent the New York based International Coalition
of Addict Self-Help (Intash)

*   Barbara E. Judd CSW discusses the need of psychotherapy in the Ibogaine
treatment of substance-related disorders

*   In Memoriam Nico Adriaans, by Jean Paul Grund.
In the night of January 22, 1995, my friend and brother-in-arms Nico Adriaans
passed away. Nico Adriaans was the founder and chairman of the "Rotterdamse
Junkiebond" (Junkie Union), the first advocacy/activist User Group in the
Netherlands.

*   John A. Speyrer asks: Ibogaine: Does This Psychedelic Drug Portend the
End of Primal Therapy?

*   The Ibogaine Factor. Washington bureaucrats and Harlem activists debate
the controversial "Cure for Addiction"

*   Deborah Mash about ibogaine and clinical testing in a slightly outdated
article from Omni magazine, February 1994.

Top of page | Main | Search | Science | Opinion | Literature | Links | Treatme
nt | Bookshop | Feedback
-----
Aloha, He'Ping,
Om, Shalom, Salaam.