: This is in regard to a letter that was sent to Mr.Warner-Chairman of the
: Senate Armed Services Committee- asking 15 questions regarding the attack on
: the USS Liberty by the zionist enclave in Palestine.
: Mr. Warner, I am writing to you in your capacity as Chairman of the Senate
: Armed Services Committee. I am the  widow of James MahlonLupton , CT1, who
: was killed aboard the USS Liberty when it was attacked by Israel on June
: 8th. 1967 He was right where the torpedo hit. I have wondered 32 years what
: was on his 24- year- old mind as he worked, knowing that the ship was under
: attack, that she had no defense weapons , that basically she didn't chance
: unless someone came to the rescue. He probably heard the torpedoes being
: launched and heard them homing in. Coming Fast! And perhaps knew, somehow
: that this time, there was  nor going to be a rescue... that Israel was going
: to sink this vessel and she didn't have a chance. And maybe-- his last
: thought was of me.
: I was 24 years old. We had been married only two years. My husband was 6'2"
: tall, 220 pounds, very handsome, with a winning smile ( I have pictures to
: prove it) and many friends. Everyone who knew him respected him because of
: his integrity.He had the highest since of honor and "my word is my bond"
: that I have ever seen in human being. He did not equivocate or tell lies.
: Senator Warner he was a real person. You have lived, loved, laughed, enjoyed
: the respect of your peers, and enjoyed considerable success in your field,
: because of your intelligence and your expertise. My husband did exactly the
: same thing. Not in your field , of course _ he was a Russian linguist. What
: I am trying to accomplish here is to make you aware that he was a person,
: with the rights and privileges that all American citizens enjoy. Except for
: one thing... he died on the USS liberty when it was torpedoed by Israel--
: our allies-- I thought allies were supposed to work together and protect
: each other. Am I under a illusion here? Or am I just misunderstanding the
: meaning of "ally"?
: Having said all that , I have some questions to ask,-----
: 1. Why didn't the Sixth Fleet come to the aid of the Liberty?
: 2. Why were the rescue aircraft called back by the President of the US?
: 3. What involvement did the 303 Committee have in the Liberty's deployment
: and mission?
: 4. What did Project Cyanide have to do with the Liberty, directly or
: indirectly?
: 5 What did Frontlet 615 have to do with Liberty directly or indirectly?
: 6. Why wasn't the USS Amberjack allowed to come to the aid of the Liberty?
: 7. Where is the film of the attack taken by  the Amberjack?
: 8. Why weren't the violations UCMJ investigated?
: 9. Why were warning and and operational messages to the Liberty
: intentionally mis-routed?
: 10. Why was the crew told to keep silent regarding the attack?
: 11. What secret is so volatile that cannot be revealed by our government
: after 30 years?
: 12. Why haven't clear violations of international law been investigated
: 13. Why was Admiral Tobin awarded a the Bronze Star when he wasn't even
: there?
: 14. Why hasn't our former ambassador to Lebanon, Dwite Porter, ever been
: question by Congress, when
:  it  is known he listened to the attack at our embassy in Lebanon?
:  !5. Why was Commander McGongle awarded his Medal of Honor, our country's
: highest honor, in the Navy Yard
:   instead of in a ceremony conducted by the President at the White house?
: That certainly was not his request.
:   And it is the only Medal of Honor that has been presented in such a
: fashion. Begging your pardon, Senator--  that was shameful.
:   Eugene Kent. A Labor Voice from Ohio.