>From restore-L:

Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2000 09:16:43 -0400
From: Pat <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: Restore <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
    "Multiple recipients of, Friends" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Political Assassination of american Peter McWilliams

I have just sent this letter off to my representatives in the u.s.
congress.

Pat
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
***********

Pat Toomey
Member of Congress
2020 Hamilton St.
Allentown,
PA
June 22, 2000

RE: Political assassination of american Peter McWilliams

Dear Congressman Toomey;

I am completely disgusted with the prohibition drug policy of the
united
states of america. I will not and I morally cannot support or condone
this anti democratic civil war.

The direct and intentional political assassination by the federal
government of medical cannabis activist Peter McWilliams through
the
manipulated use of our federal judiciary is a horrific turn of events.

In case you are ill-informed and don't know who McWilliams was I
will
direct you to the National Review online of June 20, 2000 which this
week published an obituary about the man titled "A murder in
California". It was more than murder. This was an intentional
political
assassination by u.s. federal authorities to silence an american
political activist inside of america.

McWilliams was a medical cannabis political activists and a well
known
best selling author. He was diagnosed with AIDS and cancer. Last
week he
died while awaiting federal sentencing for growing medicinal
marijuana
that was completely legal in his state of California. And for which he
had a doctors prescription. McWilliams smoked cannabis to
maintain his
appetite and thus his strength while undergoing chemotherapy.
And it
helped him to control nausea in order to keep from puking up the
other
medicines he was taking to stay alive.

When the Drug Enforcement Agency arrested him to stop him from
speaking
they took his computers. He was not silenced.

They charged him with cultivation of medicine that was legal in his
state. He didn't stop speaking.

Their federal judge refused to allow McWilliams to cite the legal and
democratic will of the people, California proposition 215 as his
defense. They disallowed his greater good defense for medicinal
cannabis
use. Federal Judge George H. King and the u.s. prosecutors forced
him
into a plea agreement that stipulated that he take daily drug tests to
assure that he did not use cannabis. He was forbidden even the
use of
legal marinal. Last week, while awaiting federal sentencing for
legally
growing medical cannabis, he choked to death on his own vomit,
too weak
to save himself. Judge King, who is not a medical doctor, had
ordered
him to not use the substance that even the Institute of Medicine of
the
National Academy of Science has said has these life saving
beneficial
effects.

The federal government could not strip this man of the First
Amendment
any other way. To silence McWilliams and to terrorize into silence
other
medical cannabis activists the federal government of the united
states
of america assassinated Peter McWilliams.

Peter McWilliams was willfully assassinated to deprive america of
its
First Amendment right to hear what he had to say.

I have lost all trust, faith and confidence in the government of the
united states of america. I will adamantly oppose any candidate for
federal or state office who supports america's intolerant drug
prohibition. this massive social engineering program is a complete
waste. It is destroying constitutional government in the united
states.
It's proponents in the congress have even vetoed democracy in
Washington, D.C. to force this longest of civil wars on us.

One quarter trillion dollars since 1980 has been wasted on the
prohibition and now the enforcers of this policy are committing
assassination of americans in america to defend this policy.
Prohibition
did not work in 1930 and it is not working today. Not even God
could
enforce a prohibition against Adam and Eve yet this policy has
given
america the black eye of having the largest prison population in the
western world. With no end in sight.

This prohibition is not democratic. The 106st congress, (except
you and
some others I noticed), went so far as to veto and nullify
democracy in
our national capital, to uphold this intolerant policy.

I left the Democratic Party over the drug prohibition issue. Now, I
will
start registering american voters and I will campaign for Ralph Nader
who promises to end america's longest war, our second civil war,
the
drug prohibition.

Pat Rogers

[EMAIL PROTECTED]

P.S. As a tribute to Peter McWilliams and as an expression of
contempt
of this government and the prohibition drug policy I will not capitalize
the united states of america in any correspondence until this war is
ended and all simple drug convictions in america are pardoned and
expunged from the criminal records of america.

cc/Sen. Specter, Sen. Santorum, President Clinton, The Los
Angeles
Times.
_________
earthradioTV.com - Alternative News Portal for ecology, politics &
consciousness.           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
earthradioTV.com MIRROR SITES:
USA     http://www.earthradioTV.com/
CZECH   http://mujweb.cz/www/ecologynews/
UK      http://members.tripod.co.uk/ecologynews/