WJPBR Email News List [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Peace at any cost is a Prelude to War!

De-Christianizing America

By Chuck Baldwin

June 30, 2000

Several Christian organizations in the San Francisco area recently ran an
ad campaign designed to reach homosexuals. Television ads proclaimed, "The
dream that I thought could never happen – having a wife and kids – has
finally come true. If you’re hurting, lonely or confused, Jesus can set you
free." Reaction to the ad by city government was anything but
enthusiastic.

The city’s Board of Supervisors claimed the ads were partially responsible
for hostility toward homosexuals. They even charged the ads with being
complicit in the death of Matthew Shephard. The city of San Francisco
concluded the ads contributed to "horrible crimes committed against gays
and lesbians," and requested local TV stations not to run them.

Pro-family groups like the American Family Association and the Family
Research Council filed a lawsuit to stop the city from issuing similar
resolutions in the future. A federal judge recently ruled, however, the
city was merely doing its "duty" to address concerns for "public safety."
The implications of this ruling are enormous.

Far from being neutral toward religious beliefs, federal courts and city
governments are becoming more and more hostile toward religious beliefs,
especially Christian beliefs. The message is clear: proclaiming the
Christian Gospel is "hate" speech and will not be tolerated.

Add to these twisted city ordinances and court rulings the part the
propaganda press is playing in de-Christianizing America. Just recently,
ABC devoted two hours of prime time programming impugning the Christian
faith. Throughout our nation, public education, from grammar schools to
college and university classrooms, inundates our youth with blatant attacks
upon the Christian religion. Night after night, prime time television does
the same thing.

Compare this attitude to that of the Founding Fathers. John Quincy Adams
said, "The highest glory of the American Revolution was this: it connected
in one indissoluble bond the principles of civil government with the
principles of Christianity."

He continued, "Why is it that, next to the birthday of the Savior of the
world, your most joyous and most venerated festival returns on this day
(July 4)? Is it not that, in the chain of human events, the birthday of the
nation is indissolubly linked with the birthday of the Savior? That it
forms a leading event in the progress of the Gospel dispensation? Is it not
that the Declaration of Independence first organized the social compact on
the foundation of the Redeemer’s mission upon earth? That it laid the
cornerstone of human government upon the first precepts of Christianity and
gave to the world the first irrevocable pledge of the fulfillment of the
prophecies announced directly from Heaven at the birth of the Savior and
predicted by the greatest of the Hebrew prophets 600 years before?"

Likewise, Patrick Henry declared, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or
too often that this great nation was founded, not by religionists, but by
Christians; not on religions, but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."

Noah Webster, the father of public education, spoke unequivocally saying,
"No truth is more evident to my mind than that the Christian religion must
be the basis of any government intended to secure the rights and privileges
of a free people." He went on to say, "The religion which has introduced
civil liberty is the religion of Christ and His apostles - and to this we
owe our free Constitutions of Government."

If the American people weren’t intoxicated with prosperity and pleasure,
they would see that this attempt to de-Christianize our nation is an act of
war against our heritage. Our country is under siege as surely as though an
alien army was landing on our shores. If ever our nation needed its
citizens to answer the call of devotion and duty, it is now!

A vote for Bush or Gore is a vote to continue Clinton policies!
A vote for Buchanan is a vote to continue America!
Therefore a vote for Gore or Bush is a wasted vote for America!
Don't waste your vote!  Vote for Patrick Buchanan!

Today, candor compels us to admit that our vaunted two-party system is a
snare and a delusion, a fraud upon the nation. Our two parties have become
nothing but two wings of the same bird of prey...
Patrick Buchanan