-Caveat Lector-

Tuesday, May 9, 2000
------
BLACK-GOLD BLUES
Clinton approves oil-price hikes
Official: Administration backs increases to help Russia, Indonesia, Mexico,
Iran

by Charles Smith

Oil ministers from OPEC nations have quietly told national security advisors
on Capitol Hill that the oil production cutbacks -- and resulting price
increases -- are being implemented at the request of the Clinton
administration on behalf of Russia, Indonesia, Mexico and Iran.

Russia, Mexico and Indonesia are reported to be directing their increased
oil profits toward paying back overdue Western loans. According to one
government defense adviser, the windfall profits are part of a larger scheme
to use the American public to pay off failed and corrupt investment schemes
in the three countries.

"The American public is paying off bad loans to bad countries made by bad
bankers," stated the national security adviser.

The largest Middle Eastern oil producers reportedly agreed on the cutback of
oil production in order to increase income for weapons purchases. Several
oil states have announced major weapons buys from the West, including a
recent multi-billion-dollar purchase of Lockheed/Martin F-16 fighter jets.

"Iran is also trading oil to China in exchange for missile technology,"
stated the national security adviser.

The gas hike has raised several concerns about the Clinton energy policy and
U.S. national security.

In recent years, OPEC has flooded the market with oil, lowering prices
worldwide. The lower prices, according to Denise Bode, a commissioner on the
Oklahoma Corporation Commission, were designed to discourage investors in
U.S. domestic oil production, maintaining a world monopoly for OPEC.

"The OPEC cartel clearly understands that the Clinton energy policy is based
on instant gratification," stated Bode, "seeking low gasoline prices and
ignoring future consequences with a foreign cartel in charge of our national
energy resources.

"In 1997, OPEC acted to consolidate the American market by sending much
cheaper oil, dumping it at historically low prices. The most significant
energy policy initiated by the Clinton administration is a 4.3 cent increase
in the gasoline tax," said Bode.

"Another 30,000 Americans have lost their jobs. Domestic oil production has
moved from holding steady to a 5.4 percent decline. Even though OPEC has
recently cut back production and raised the price of oil to $30 a barrel,
there has been no increase in domestic production."

"It's very clear what OPEC should do if they want to retain control," stated
Donald Hodel, former secretary of energy and secretary of interior during
the Reagan administration.

"Periodically, they should announce they are going to produce excess volumes
of crude oil. The announcement itself will scare away some capital
investment from new production. Secondarily, if that doesn't work, and from
time to time to prove their point, they would have to overproduce, drive the
price down dramatically, so that marginal wells in the United States will be
shut down and new investment will be shut down worldwide."

According to Hodel, the "green" movement has combined with OPEC to "erect
straw arguments" against the U.S. energy industry.

"I've never met anyone who said I want to breathe dirty air or drink
polluted water," noted Hodel. "Yet, the green movement has succeeded in
using clean air, clean water and garbage control as a means to seek
de-industrialization in the U.S."

"The problem is that the schools have been captured by the flaming
environmentalists," noted Hodel. "We are not doing a decent job of getting
the educational establishment to acknowledge the facts about the importance
of energy production to our economy.

"If we were rational about our energy policy, we would have a growing
component in our society of nuclear power. The people who fought nuclear
power have successfully stopped coal. They are now turning toward natural
gas and oil. We made the point over and over that offshore drilling is less
of an environmental hazard than transporting imported oil by tanker."

Hodel concluded, "Our dependency on foreign oil affects our national
security and our environment."

-- CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMEN --
JUST VOTE FOR A CORPORATION