Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2000 10:25:12 -0500
From: "CUSTOMER REPLIES: WM Stores & Sam's Clubs" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "'[EMAIL PROTECTED]'" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Response from Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.  (Ref #000000001237867)

Thank you for your message.

Thank you for giving Wal-Mart the opportunity to set the record
straight about our position on selling firearms in our stores.

Wal-Mart has sold firearms in our stores for the past 38 years,
and we have no plans to discontinue this.  We appreciate the fact
that we have become the local destination of choice for American
sportspeople and we will continue to meet the needs of these
customers throughout the nation.

Wal-Mart has recently announced that we will not display or stock
guns in a new Supercenter in New Tampa, Florida, but customers
will be able to purchase guns in this store through a special
mail order catalog.  The situation in New Tampa is unique and we
are treating it as such.  We considered a variety of factors,
including input from the community and our local associates, as
well as our many customers who enjoy hunting and fishing.
However, the biggest consideration in this case was the location
of this store next door to a school.  Every one of our stores
strives to be the store of its individual community and this is
the right decision for the community of New Tampa.  But again,
this decision involves very unique circumstances and it in no way
should cause our customers to question our commitment to carry
firearms in our stores.

Thank you again for taking time out of your day to bring this
concern to us. I do hope this letter clarifies our position and
our commitment to take care of our sporting goods customers.

Thank you,

Wal-Mart Stores, Inc.

For futher correspondence regarding this issue, please reply to this email.

----Your Original Comments Were----

PLEASE DO NOT STOP SELLING GUNS AND AMMUNITION.

Please do not cave in to the pressure that is being exerted
by "Anti-Gun" and gun control advocates.

             Kadosh, Kadosh, Kadosh, YHVH, TZEVAOT

  FROM THE DESK OF:                    <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                      *Mike Spitzer*     <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
                         ~~~~~~~~          <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

       Shalom, A Salaam Aleikum, and to all, A Good Day.