-Caveat Lector-

Dear List,

I am sending this to the list because I was recently removed from another
list (an "anti-cult" list) on the web because I refused to stop sending data
to the list about Dr. West. IMO, I had broken no list rules, I sent
substantiated data, such as the data below.

The comoderators on the list compared my data and tactics (simply sending
urls and quotes) as similar to an alleged well known cult, simply because the
same data was used. They refused to acknowledge that the data could have and
probably did come from source material that the writers below and the alleged
cult probably researched. I explained this to the list that this was in
essence a logical fallacy, a type of propaganda.

In effect, I was censored by my removal from the list. I was asked several
times to back up my data with source documents and to even state in the post
whether I agreed with the url or not. No one else on this list was required
to do this. There were posters that post pro-false memory articles and they
were not asked to verify their data, neither was their data compared to any
alleged cults or other groups.

IMO, there was no "freedom of mind" nor speech on this list, at least for
those that take the position that mk-ultra existed and that West may have
been connected to it.  How can we empower people to think for themselves,
when we censor those we disagree with ?

Sincerely,  Neil Brick

Below please find urls with info on project monarch and Dr. West.
This may be triggering for survivors of abuse.

The following articles have proof showing the existence of Project Monarch.

CIA Experiments with Mind Control on Children by Jon Rappoport
http://www.netti.fi/~makako/mind/child.txt

http://www.radix.net/~jcturner/anat-1.html This article is extremely well
footnoted with government documents, hearing reports, etc.

""This review of the CIA's actions in the United States and Canada
demonstrates how completely unprincipled was the Agency's original
brainwashing program, as well as its course of legal manoeuvers years later
when it was required to answer for its misconduct. The story of the
brainwashing suit and the barriers that were overcome before the CIA's
victims were finally compensated, illustrates both the formidable hurdles
presented and the unique satisfactions gleaned in a public interest law suit."

http://members.aol.com/smartnews/fivecases.htm

A LOOK AT THE LAW AND GOVERMENT MIND CONTROL THROUGH FIVE CASES - CIA VS SIMS
- UNITED STATES VS STANLEY - ORLIKOW, ET AL VS UNITED STATES - KRONISCH VS
UNITED STATES ET AL - HEINRICH, ET AL VS SWEET, ET AL - August 15, 1999 - by,
HELEN L. McGONIGLE - ATTORNEY AT LAW

"MEMORANDUM FOR SUBPROJECT 84

On the MKULTRA institutional notification list attached to Brief for
Respondents In No. 83-1075 and Brief for Petitioners in No. 83-1249, pp.
1a-10a, Harvard University, Cambridge Massachusetts is listed next to
subprojects 84 and 92.
John Mark's states: "Martin Orne's work for the Agency was described in
Subproject 84. He contributed a chapter to the Society-funded book, The
Manipulation of Human Behavior, edited by Albert Biderman and Herbert Zimmer
(New York: John Wiley & Sons; 1961), pp. 169-215. Financial data on Orne's
Institute for Experimental Psychiatry came from a filing with the
Commonwealth of Massachusetts, Attachment to Form 1023". Other contributors
to this book include Lawrence Hinkle, M.D. of New York Hospital-Cornell
Medical Center. Hinkle was identified by the New York Times, together with
Dr. D. Ewen Cameron, Dr. Robert Hyde,

Dr. Louis Jolyon West,

Dr. Harris Isbell, Dr. Harold Abramson, Dr. Carl Pieiffer and Dr. Charles
Geschikter as all being involved in CIA backed research under Bluebird,
Artichoke and MKULTRA.

Described as a "Teaching Fellow, Department of Psychiatry, Harvard University
Medical School", Orne's chapter in The Manipulation of Human Behavior, is
entitled "The potential uses of hypnosis in interrogation" and indicates
"this paper is based in part upon work under a grant from the Society for the
Investigation of Human Ecology, Inc.", p. 169.

The Interim Report of the Advisory Committee on Human Radiation Experiments
is available from the Superintendent of Documents, U.S. Government Printing
Office. The stock number is 061-000-00819-5, for $9.00. Telephone orders:
202-512-1800, fax 202-512-2250 (8-4 EST), mail orders US Gov't Printing
Office, P O Box 371954, Pitts., PA 15250-7954. Information from these
hearings alleged that members of the Advisory Board for the False Memory
Syndrome Foundation allegedly have CIA backgrounds, including Louis Jolyon
West and Martin Orne, many FMS board members allegedly have military
backgrounds and/or University ties where the CIA has funded drug and mind
control experiments.

It has been alleged that Louis Jolyon West has connections to CIA LSD
experiments  Further information on this can be found in "The Search for the
Manchurian Candidate: The CIA and Mind Control" page 63. "Suddenly there was
a huge market for grants in academia, as Sid Gottlieb and his aides began to
fund LSD projects at prestigious universities, the Agency's LSD pathfinders
can be indentified : ....Louis Jolyon West at the University of Oklahoma..."
Dr. Colin Ross also discusses his alleged connections in a speech transcript
available from Mind Control  in Canada Radio Series   CKLN-FM, tapes, CKLN,
380 Victoria St., Jorgenson Hall, Ryerson University, Toronto, CANADA.
E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

from http://www.towardfreedom.com/may98/messing.htm, Messing with Our Minds
With links to CIA mind control experts and accused child abusers, the false
memory movement turns "blaming the victim" into a science - HUSAYN AL-KURDI -
(all accusations are alleged) "It should come as no surprise, then, that
long-time CIA and "intelligence complex" operatives turn up on the FMSF
Advisory Board. Perhaps the most public member has been Dr. Louis Joylon
"Jolly" West, a legendary figure in CIA mind control circles operating out of
UCLA. Another is Dr. Martin Orne, an authority on torture who currently works
at the University of Pennsylvania's Experimental Psychiatry Lab. While
studying the effects of over 16 biochemical warfare agents until the early
1970s, Orne considered the effectiveness of choking, blistering, and vomiting
agents, toxins, poison gas, and various incapacitating chemicals. During the
same period, he also worked with the Cornell University-based Human Ecology
Fund, sharing his findings with Dr. Even Cameron, who was then based at the
McGill University Allen Institute in Montreal. At Human Ecology,
electroshock, lobotomies, drugs, incapacitants, hypnosis, sleep deprivation,
and radio control of the brain were all specialties of the house."

Mind Control - Experiments On Children - CIA Experiments With Mind Control on
Children by Jon Rappoport, Source: Perceptions Magazine, September/October
1995 10734 Jefferson Blvd., Suite 502, Culver City, CA 90230, (310) 313-5185,
from http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Shadowlands/6583/project161.html ,
"It is worth noting that there is a movement to discredit these "recovered"
memories, and the most prominent group, the False Memory Syndrome Foundation
(FMSF), has several board members with CIA or military-intelligence
connections -- including the notorious Dr. Louis "Jolly" West of UCLA, who
tried to establish a center for "the study of violence" at the university in
the 1970s. This center's specialty would have been psychosurgery, a
horrendous melting of brain connections, supposedly to curb people's "violent
tendencies."  Jon Rappoport's website is :
http://home.earthlink.net/~alto/index.html

Reference: INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS AND THE FEDERAL ROLE IN BEHAVIOR MODIFICATION
Committee on the Judiciary, U.S. Senate, 93rd Congress Nov. 1974 $5.35, Govt.
Printing Office. Pages 304-359 about UCLA, LEAA FUNDING, WORKING WITH HEW,
CIA , DEFENSE DEPT., STATE DEPT., for women, blacks, Indians, juveniles, Drug
addicts, prisoners, ex-convicts.

STATE OF CALIFORNIA, DEPARTMENT OF MENTAL HYGIENE, NEUROPSYCHIATRIC INSTITUTE,
CENTER FOR THE HEALTH SCIENCES,
Los Angeles, Calif., January 22, 1973
J. M. STUBBLEBINE, M.D.,
Director of Health, Office of Health Planning, State of California,
Sacramento, Calif.

DEAR STIB: I am in possession of confidential information to the effect that
the Army is prepared to turn over Nike missile bases to state and local
agencies for non-military purposes. They may look with special favor on
health-related applications.
Such a Nike missile base is located in the Santa Monica Mountains, within a
half-hour's drive of the Neuropsychiatric Institute. It is accessible but
relatively remote. The site is securely fenced, and includes various
buildings and improvements making it suitable for prompt occupancy.
If this site were made available to Neuropsychiatric Institute as a research
facility, perhaps initially as an adjunct to the new Center for Prevention
of Violence, we could put it to very good use. Comparative studies could be
carried out there, in an isolated but convenient location, of experimental
or model programs for the alteration of undesirable behavior.
Such programs might include control of drug or alcohol abuse, modification
of chronic antisocial or impulsive aggressiveness, etc. The site could also
accommodate conferences or retreats for instruction of selected groups of
mental health-related professionals and of others (e.g., law enforcement
personnel, parole officers, special educators) for whom both demonstration
and participation would be effective modes of instruction.
My understanding is that a direct request by the Governor, or another
appropriate officer of the State, to the Secretary of Defense (or, of
course, the President) would be most likely to produce prompt results.
Needless to say, I stand available to participate in any way that might be
helpful
Sincerely yours,
LOUIS JOLYON WEST, M.D.,
Medical Director