-Caveat Lector-

http://vh80028.vh8.infi.net/heraldleader/news/101900/statedocs/19sl
udge.htm

Coal-waste Spill Could Be Nation's Worst
Lexington Herald-Leader

Excerpts from this hot story:
"Last week's spill contained measurable amounts of metals,
including arsenic, mercury, lead, copper and chromium, a federal
official said yesterday..."

Chief of the Department for Fish and Wildlife Resources'
environmental section, said: ``We have instances of black water
every year, but this is the worst one I've seen or heard of.''

So far about 100 miles of waterways have been affected,
state officials said.

Public services director Steve Corbitt said, "``This is a totally
different animal than we've ever seen  before.''
---------------------
http://www.sierratimes.com/newsfeed/index.htm

This thing is really, really bad. And it's still not being reported on by
the "mainstream news media."  It's become very clear that the
press are avoiding this for some reason, or for some person. We've
received an unconfirmed report that Al Gore is one of the owners of
the company responsible. (Martin County Coal Corporation,
subsidiary of the A.T. Massey Co., which is in turn,owned by the
Fluor Corporation.) This would tend to explain the near media
blackout of this unprecedented inland waterway disaster, but
we've not been able to confirm this.  It could also explain why the
A.T. Massey company has received what appears to be preferential
treatment by the government after previous spills by a few of its
other subsidiaries.

EPA Settles Massey Water Spills

Or maybe it's because the the parent company, the Fluor
Corporation is a recipient of multi-billion dollar government
contracts.

In addition, the Fluor Corp. has had contracts with Shell
Oil dating back to 1932. N.M. Rothschild, at the very
least, a "shareholder" in Shell Oil (and longtime international
banking company) established NM Rothschild (Denver) Ltd. in 1980
to serve the mining industry in the Western U.S.

So, what does all this mean? Heck if we know. We're just
trying to figure out why no one is interested in talking about this
huge environmental disaster. Not even Mr. Clean Water/Clean Air
himself, Al Gore. -  Sierra Times

--

Don't call Randy Weaver paranoid.  His worst
fears about the government have already come