Title: RE: [CTRL] utanews: Security on Cable and DSL...
LOL, those aren't my remarks... Eric Stewart was the original sender of the email but they weren't his statements either...  I was simply summing up the major concern with this whole DSL/Cable issue... If you disable File and Print sharing, that's a good place to start.

Jamie
-----Original Message-----
From: Deborah Greenhill [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, October 25, 2000 3:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [CTRL] utanews: Security on Cable and DSL...

What about your statements:
"Back-patting fluff like this Excite dropping does way more harm that good....."     I don't have a clue as to the point you are making here.

"Ignore the DSL/cable pissing contest-..."    I wasn't aware that I could require a computer to get a urine sample.

"Think again, spam-boy; why do you think Unix/Linux vendors have been going batshit looking for format string holes..."   I thought you had misspelled someone's name, but apparently whomever these corporations are, they represent problems for us average folks.

Any other assistance in breaking down this confusing transmission would do wonders for this doctor.  You will note that medicine has its own 'jargon', and I have kept it to a minimum so that you can understand what I am saying.

Dr. Deborah