In a message dated 12/4/00 11:12:16 AM Central Standard Time, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<< Subj:     GOVERNMENT REACHES INTO YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL LUNCHBOX
 Date:  12/4/00 11:12:16 AM Central Standard Time
 From:  [EMAIL PROTECTED] (American Patriot Friends Network)
 To:    [EMAIL PROTECTED] (American Patriot Friends Network)

 GOVERNMENT REACHES INTO YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL LUNCHBOX
 http://www.InsideTheWeb.com/mbs.cgi/mb1075995

 Hillrey: "For the Children"...Global Village!
 Source:
 Neal Boortz
 http://www.boortz.com/

 GOVERNMENT REACHES INTO YOUR CHILD'S SCHOOL LUNCHBOX
 http://www.boortz.com/nealznuz.htm

 By Neal Boortz

 How would you like to receive a letter from your child's school
 informing you that you must meet certain federal guidelines if
 you opt to send your child to school with a lunch you fixed at
 home?

 Well, the parents of children in the Oak Meadow Montessori
 School [Gwinnett County, Georgia] received just such a letter
 last week.  The letter contained some fluff about Thanksgiving
 celebrations and dropping your kids off at school --- then it
 got around to school lunches.  Here is  the pertinent paragraph.
 Spelling and punctuation errors have been left untouched.

       "As you know, we will begin providing catered lunches,
        five days per week, starting Monday.  In last week's
        Parent Communication Envelope, we included
        information regarding the menu for the week of
        November 27th through December 1st.  The catered
        lunches are designed to satisfy the USDA food
        program requirement.  You may still choose to send
        in your child's lunch.  However, you must provide
        the appropriate servings from the recommended food
        groups.  If you do not, we will be responsible for
        providing your child with a "well balanced" lunch.
        Lunches ordered in advance are available for $3
        per day.  Lunches that we need to provide because
        you forgot to bring one, or because you did not
        provide the proper choices to satisfy the United Stated
        Daily Recommend Allowances for lunch, will be billed
        to your account at a rate of $5 per lunch.  Please
        make sure to review the enclosed flier regarding
        our new lunch box requirements."

 OK . so now you're wondering just what the Imperial Federal
 Government requirements for these officially approved school
 lunches are.  Well, that's not really the point here . but just
 to satisfy your curiosity, here's what the Oak Meadow School
 says the parents must provide in a lunch brought from home:

 FOOD GROUPING                       3 ­ 6 years old  6 ­ 12 years old
 1 serving milk (provided)           ½ cup            1 cup
 1 serving meat or meat alternative  1 ½ ounces       2 ounces
 2 servings fruit and/or vegetable   ½ cup            2/4 cup (each)
 1 serving bread or equivalent       ½ slice          1 slice

 Then you have a big list of approved fruits and vegetables and
 meats and breads.  You might be interested to know that Cheese
 Whiz is an acceptable meat substitute.

 Look . don't go making irate phone calls to the Oak Meadow
 school.  This standard applies to ALL schools. They're just
 enforcing it.

 Can you believe it?  The Imperial Federal Government of the
 United States is now using its agents in our government and
 private schools to peer into those lunches you prepare for your
 children to see if you've done it right --- right according to
 government bureaucrats.  This particular school will charge
 you five bucks if you've done it wrong and will "supplement"
 your child's lunch with officially approved food.

 Can they do this in your home?  Hell? Who knows?  If the
 government can peer into your child's lunchbox at a private
 school, why can't that same government come into your home
 at dinner time to make sure you're serving your child a
 government approved dinner?

 And why stop with your child?  Is there some special
 provision in the U.S. Constitution that limits the government's
 snooping to only your child's lunch?  How soon will they be
 checking out what YOU have for lunch?

 As government continues to grow ­ this might be what your
 lunches with clients are like in the future.

 "Can I take your order sir?"

 "Yes, I would like a New York Strip, medium, with a baked
 potato and one glass of iced tea."

 "And what would you like for your other vegetable or fruit sir?"

 "Nothing.  Just the steak, potato and tea please."

 "Sorry sir.  You must order another vegetable or some fruit."

 "Says who?"

 "It's a government regulation sir.  We have a federal inspector
 back in the kitchen that will review your order.  If you don't order
 another fruit or vegetable he's going to chose one for you and
 you'll have to pay for it."

 "You can't force me to eat anything I don't want to eat!"

 "Oh no sir.  We can't force you.  The government guidelines
 say we can only strongly encourage you to clean your plate.
 But you will have to pay for it."

 "The hell with this.  I'm going somewhere else."

 "Won't do any good, sir.  The same rules went into effect
 everywhere today.  You think it's bad here, you ought to see
 the problems they're having next door at McDonalds."

 "OK, OK --- bring me a salad them."

 "Fine, sir.  Now what about your milk and bread selections?"

 It makes you wonder.  How in the hell did this nation survive
 for hundreds of years without the federal government checking
 to see what you're fixing for your children's lunch.

 This is what you get when you have hoards of
 marginally-employable bureaucrats with limited job skills sucking
 down government paychecks week after week --- and looking
 for something to do with their time.
 Public Education System vs Christian Home Schooling
 http://www.ordination.org/homeschool.htm

 A form for those who want a 'Opt Out Form' for Public School
 http://www.ordination.org/optout.htm

 "The American Dream" Fire 'em all!
 http://www.apfn.org/apfn/dream.htm

 Without Justice, there is JUST_US! America national motto:
 "In God We Trust" U.S. Militiary Oath ends: "So help me God."
 God Plus One is Alway A majority!
 http://www.apfn.org