-Caveat Lector-

> Unnatural disaster
> Deregulated California utilities are electrocuting the public.
> Ohio is next
>
> by Harvey Wasserman
> Electric utility deregulation has become a spectacular catastrophe,
> starting in California and stretching deep into our economic and
> ecological future, here in Ohio and nationwide.
>
> To keep it simple, we'll start with the top 10 truths about this unnatural
> disaster:
>
> 1. There is no electric supply shortage threatening California (or the
> nation), only a series of complex, cynical manipulations that have ramped
> prices sky high, yielding enormous profits for a few distributors and
> generators.

Get a grip on reality.
The problem, is that no new sources of electricity have been
developed in CA and this state continues to grow.  I was just at a
conference in Phoenix, while there I was told that they're building
4(four) NEW power planets to provide for their anticipated population
growth!!
Nuclear is clean and safe.
It doesn't matter who runs the utilities, if you don't have a source
generating the power, there will not be any power. Maybe here in CA
they can gather up all the endangered desert rats and place them on a
wheel and have them run!!!!! and voila they'll have cheap energy!
LOL. Or, maybe they could put a few windmills at the doors and
windows of the CA legislature and continue to blow themselves out of
a crisis that they made with their insane eco/epa policies.
Technology has advanced but the mentality and mindset of the
politician and neo-nazi environmentalist hasn't.