-Caveat Lector-

> inri, I don't think from your position in Canada you can
> possibly have a very clear picture of the school system
> here.

no, i must admit, that i probably don't. but if the average portrayed
intelligence by the americans i speak to online is any indication then you
guys really, really need to do SOMETHING and QUICK. the problem isn't that
you don't know how to read or write or figure out change from a 10. it's
that you seem to be, in many cases, stuck in the nineteenth century when it
comes to social values, race relations, religion, etc..
collectively, you have an appalling lack of understanding of the history of
even your OWN COUNTRY and you seem unable to grasp that you make up a tiny
fraction of the world population. [a generalization, i apologize for those
of you who are educated.]
americans aren't the laughing stock of the internet [another generalization,
i apologize again.] without good reason.
to me, this high level of ignorance seems to merely show a lack of quality
education where it really matters.
perhaps this is intentional.

but when people like david duke get significant amounts of the vote when
they run for office, i blame a lack of quality education.
when people blame high crime in cities on racial minorities instead of much
more logical and obvious factors [poverty that was created by the ruling
whites; drugs that were forced down their throats by the ruling whites;
gangs that were created as protection from corrupt, primarily white, police
officers, etc] then i blame a lack of quality education.
when people like rudolph giuliani spray toxic chemicals on your cities to
combat harmless viruses and barely a murmur is raised, i blame a lack of
quality education.
when your election is rigged and nobody gives a fuck, i blame a lack of
quality education.

we don't have problems like this in canada.
i give the credit to a surplus of quality PUBLIC education.

> Much of the problem is racial in nature in the fact of
> crime, gangs and teachers being unable to maintain order
> long enough to teach.

i don't want to play your game.

the problem here is not racial in nature, it's due to differences in
monetary income. blacks, latinos, whites or martians all resort to crime
when they have no other option to maintain a stable income. when one has no
chance at a quality education [something vouchers will not alleviate. don't
marketable skills what is one to do? you can't even get a job at mcdonalds
without a high school diploma, and it's difficult to obtain a high school
diploma when your schools are falling apart, your government is pumping you
full of opiates and you're surrounded with carcinogens; when one grows up
surrounded by crime to the extent that it has become normal, to the extent
that crack-cocaine is a normal past-time, to the extent that a well paying
job is merely a pipedream....what do you expect to happen? huh?

and where does this all come from? eh? who runs eli lilly? of what race are
the drug-running politicians? of what race are the arms-running politicians?
who dragged these poor people, kicking and screaming i might add, from their
home....enslaved them...brainwashed them through religion and then kicked
them out on the street empty handed when they finally had enough of it all
and fought back for basic human rights? eh?

who's fault is this REALLY?

i see i have played your game. i do not blame ALL whites. i blame SOME
whites. i would be foolish not to blame some minorities.

i repeat: the problem is NOT racial.

>I do not think vouchers will result
> in racial segregation as schools will probably have some
> sort of racial quota requirement.

the bush administration is vehemently against quotas.

>If it should result in
> segregation, who is to blame?

the people who orchestrated it.

>The schools have been fully
> integrated for thirty years so why did this not work?

because it was designed not to.

>Whose
> fault is it?

those who orchestrated it.

> Do black children miraculously learn
> more/better if in immediate proximity of white ones?

racial prejudice is a learned trait. when carried out effectively,
desegregation in schools helps prevent it from becoming learned.
racism is virtually dead in canada - an idea held in regard only by the
uneducated and the perpetually ridiculed, completely powerless christian
right.

we recently held our first gay marriages here.
virtually all support it.
i give credit to a superior PUBLIC education system that teaches inclusion,
acceptance, equal rights to all....

what do you think of this?

<snip>

there seem to be two sides to the story that you just told: your
over-represented white supremecist side and an under-represented black side,
most likely with a paranoid "everybody-is-out-to-get-me" view of the world.

i therefore do not plan on commenting on this story as i am unaware of the
facts, no doubt both sides would be guilty of sensationalism and
misrepresentation. i generally don't believe much of what is spewed from
obvious white supremecists such as yourself. however, i believe i can
somewhat accurately deduce the following:

1) if blacks were accused of crime than there were most likely some blacks
guilty of crimes. however, i see no reason to assume that ALL blacks are
therefore guilty; nor do i see any reason to associate their guilt with
their skin colour. you need to educate yourself on causality.
2) if there were charges of racism on the other side then there is most
likely some truth to it. it would not surprise me if, after growing up in
your household, your child was beaten for uttering racial slurs or whatnot.
there is also a long history in the south of whites making schools less than
hospitable for blacks, so it would not surprise me if some of the apparent
paranoia was justified. however, once again, this does not imply that all
whites are racist nor that all crimes seemingly done by blacks were
manufactured by whites.

in closing, i'd like to offer my apologies for bringing these arguments
(which i tend to view similarly to an argument with a member of the flat
earth society - i was not expecting this to be an issue here) to the list
and my condolences for all of you unfortunate enough to live in a country
that is backwards enough to continue to promote racism.

inri
np: dead kennedys - fresh fruit for rotting vegetables