-Caveat Lector-

Well Tenorlove - this item on O'Hai you might find interesting - looks
almost like a Mafia job.

So you remember Larry Flynt?  He was the born again Christian who
chummed with President Carter's sister, who converted him.....front man
for big time drugs?   Like for us to think he was gunned down for
Freedom of Speech?   Even Oliver Stone in on drug scenario, but no
surprise there is there?   He was a Democrat Convention supporting
Clinton?

So keep thinking this - is there a connection here to Manson - he was in
jail with Jimmy Carter's nephew and when they had falliong out, he said
he would send someone to kill Miss Lillian......and of course we all
remember Billy Beer and little Billly having his picture taken urinating
on Lybian airplane?

What attracted these killers to O'Hair....she did hae some gold pieces
and I wonder from where.   She claimed to be an anarchist - and had a
few followers....but someone took a great deal of time and trouble to
put this woman to death - and it sure wasn't over money.

She got her way in the end - for without a doubt she was "done in" by
anarchists and people who followed the great Satan of this world, for a
bit of gold?

Speaking of gold, I always wondered why Mel Fischer was not investigated
for some of his gold was dental gold.......

Anarchists - life with Madalyn Murray O'Hair - was that her real name?
She was never a Catholic - and the name of the game seemed to be fame -
but keep thinking these crimes were almost Manson time crimes - and it
was August - very bad dates in August for murders including Marilyn
Monroe (?) and Sharon Tate and Abigail Folger - did someone get the idea
to kill O'Hair in the bible - and into a melting pot?

Such a mystery - wonder if any of these so called killers resided in
prison with Mr. Manson, but then most of her killers were set free?

So much for the pursuit of happiness in our time.

Saba

IFAS | Freedom Writer | January/February 1996 | madalyn.html
Madalyn Murray O'Hair:
Woman, Atheist, Anarchist

Madalyn Murray O'Hair, 76, perhaps the world's best-known atheist,
mysteriously disappeared last August. Rumors abound. In poor health in
recent years, some speculate O'Hair died.

Others theorize she was kidnapped by radical Christians; some think she
relocated to New Zealand or Australia. O'Hair's conceivable death
brought to mind Freedom Writer's March 1989 interview with the outspoken
activist. Here are some excerpts.

FW Were you always an atheist?

O'HAIR Oh no, not at all. I was born into and reared in the Presbyterian
faith. My father was a Presbyterian and it used to be the obligation,
the social obligation, of women to take their husband's religion, no
matter what they [the women] were reared in. So my mother was a
Lutheran, and the moment she married my father she started attending a
Presbyterian church. She attended that church for 50 years. My brother
and myself were both brought up in the Presbyterian church.

FW At some point you must have changed your mind.

O'HAIR I sure did!

FW What happened?

O'HAIR I used to skip grades in school, and I'd been reading since I was
three. Just generally speaking, my family's pretty bright, including my
parents. One weekend my father refused to take me to the library. I used
to go down and load up on library books, and when he wouldn't take me to
the library,

I was forced to read the Bible from cover to cover. I was either in the
fifth or sixth grade. Now, you know damn well I didn't understand
everything that I was reading, but I understood enough that I thought it
was pretty horrible. I thought that it was violent, that God was pretty
mean, and that the visitations he made caused troubles of all kinds on
the chosen people. Then I started to read some of that to my father and
mother. I would pick out stuff that I thought was pretty horrible. My
mother would just look at me and say, "Oh, that's not in my Bible!"

FW Is your organization tax-exempt?

O'HAIR Oh, we are now, yes. We just finished winning tax- exemption for
every one of our organizations. So, every single one is tax-exempt. Now
let me tell you about that because you probably have the same thing. Are
you tax-exempt?

FW Yes, we are.

O'HAIR Good, good. There are four kinds of tax exemptions. Health,
education, welfare, and religion. With health, education, and welfare,
you have to file Form 990. With religion, they file nothing. Nobody can
ask them anything.

That's a tax-exemption we think they shouldn't have. They should be
accountable to the citizens of the United States for exactly what they
do with that tax-exempt money. Also, I think that they're obligated to
do something.

Such as, there are millions of homeless, and millions of churches that
are used one day a week. There isn't a reason in the world that they
can't let people come in and sleep on the pews.
There isn't a reason in the world that they can't feed them. Most of the
churches have kitchens. And, they should do this for love of Jesus
Christ, not asking for a government grant, or a handout. If they really
want to say that they are going to do it to the "least of these," then
let them do it.

FW Do you support religious freedom?

O'HAIR Oh, absolutely! I feel that everyone has a right to be insane.
And that they can do this any place at all. If they want religious
schools, build them! My only problem with that is, do not ask for the
land to be tax-free. Do not ask for a government grant to build them. Do
not ask for money for teacher's salaries, or more books, or anything
else. Just go ahead and do your thing, and do it yourself. Just exactly
the same as if you were a nudist.

Somebody doesn't get a tax break for being a Mason, or whatever they're
interested in. And I feel that religions can have administrative bodies,
social services, hospitals, anything at all, as long as they pay for it
totally themselves, and make certain that the people who are involved
with them are aware that they are basing their premises on religious
ideology.

FW On the issue of censorship of pornography and rock music, do you see
that as a religious issue, too?

O'HAIR Yes, I do. Incidentally, I don't like rock music. I never have
liked it. I have never understood it, and I can't hear the lyrics. I
think that most people can't hear them either. I'm still stuck with
Chopin and Beethoven and Bach, and all those old ones. The whole point
is, I feel that everyone who wants to say anything, do anything, should
be able to say anything or do anything, within the limits of not hurting
another person. And I don't see how rock music hurts anybody, or I don't
see that pornography hurts anybody.

[So maybe Larry Flynt will do a story on this now......they helped loose
the satans upon themselves?????]
*****************
Incidentally, one of the things that I learned very quickly when I first
met Larry Flynt — he wanted to interview me for his magazine, and I
went and met him several times and developed a friendship with him —
one has to pay for pornography. It is not distributed free anyplace in
the United States. There has to be a deliberate act of someone going in
and purchasing it. So, I think that's a hell of a lot different than
distributing leaflets or pamphlets on the street. It's merchandise. If
someone wants to get involved in that, it's their business.
******************

The relationships that people have — that are sexual, psychological,
emotional — these relationships are not open to supervision by
parents, schools, churches, or government. Nobody has any right to
intervene at all in any kind of relationship like that.

FW What do you see as your greatest accomplishments?

O'HAIR Oh, one of the things that I am most proud of is that people can
say, "I am an atheist," in the United States today, without being called
a Communist atheist, or an atheist Communist. I separated those two
words. I think that's probably the best thing that I did.

The other thing is, of course, that we are developing something that we
call "modern atheism," or "American atheism," which is entirely
different from the materialism of the Greek philosophers. What we are
interested in is moving out, in order to see that there is a more viable
life cycle for all people, and that the human condition can be
ameliorated somewhat by human beings working in concert to do something.
We must do something about the pollution. We must do something about the
waste. We have to do something about the greed. We must stop war. And
we're not going to do any of those things as long as we feel the
solution is to go to church on Sunday, or funnel our energy into prayer
or religious solutions.
Everybody has to get mixed up in the problems, to try to solve them.

FW How would you like to be remembered?

O'HAIR I told my kids I just want three words on my tombstone, if I have
one. I'll probably be cremated. One is "woman." I'm very comfortable in
that role. I've loved being a woman, I've loved being a mother, I've
loved being a grandmother.

I want three words: Woman, Atheist, Anarchist. That's me.
© 1998 Institute for First Amendment Studies, Inc.