Resign, N.Y.C. Paper Urges Hil

he's in only her second month as a senator, but Hillary Rodham Clinton has
been called on by a New York City newspaper to resign over the pardons flap.
In an editorial appearing on the front page of today's New York Observer, the
lox-colored weekly dubbed Clinton "Slick Hillie" and called for her
resignation.
"It is clear now that we have made a terrible mistake, for Hillary Rodham
Clinton is unfit for elective office. Had she any shame, she would resign,"
said the weekly, which had endorsed her Senate race rival, former Republican
Rep. Rick Lazio.
Asked about the editorial after attending President Bush's speech to Congress
last night, Clinton said she had not seen it. "I have no knowledge of it at
all," she said.
Her spokeswoman, Karen Dunn, shrugged it off. "Senator Clinton is working
hard every day for the things New Yorkers care about, like fighting for
better schools and health care," Dunn said. "The observers that matter the
most in this regard are her constituents."

Helen Kennedy

Original Publication Date: 2/28/01

New View for Sen. Clinton (2/28/01)

What do you think? Post your comments on our Forums.
&&

 Daily News Services

Click on any service and enjoy shopping online!