-Caveat Lector-

 Canadian Coalition Against the Death Penalty - http://www.ccadp.org

 On March 17, 2001 Tripod, a subsidiary of Lycos, Inc. deleted ALL
 12 MB of the Canadian Coalition Against The Death Penalty's webpages from
 their server without notice.
 Hundreds of webpages of legal materials for people about to be executed
 have been deleted.
 The international support campaign for Jimmy Dennis, a case of actual
 innocence on death row in Pennsylvania has been entirely wiped out.
 Fortunately most of the materials are mirrored at other locations.
 We have tried contacting Tripod but have received no response.
 All we know is ccadp is no longer an authorized member of Tripod.
 when we try to log in it just says our account has been deleted
 and we may have somehow violated their terms of service.
 After 4 years of membership, claiming we made a violation of Tripod's
 Terms of Service, they have refused to respond to our inquiries.
 As far as we know, never before has a worldwide academic resource of this
 magnitude been subject to such actions, an irreplaceable resource for the
 legal community, visual and print media, the academic community, as well
 as concerned individuals involved in the struggle for human rights
 worldwide.
 We have received numerous emails about our page being down from both
 abolitionists and news media, however we have no response from tripod yet,
 so have not yet issued a formal statement to the media to explain what
 happened to our page, at this time we don't know.
 Except to say it has been deleted, and Tripod refuses so far to tell us
 why.

 If you wish to contact Tripod, please contact them at:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]

 Maybe they'll tell you why CCADP was deleted, as they're not telling us !
 Also you may wish to contact Lycos, Tripod's parent co. to see where
 the pages have gone.  Mailing addresses and phone #'s for
 Tripod and Lycos are hard to locate on the net, and trying to
 locate the individuals who run the departments who are responsible
 for deleting our pages even harder...
 Anyone who may be able to provide this info please email [EMAIL PROTECTED]
 so we can send formal mail, fax and phonecalls to express our outrage
 at this unprecendented action, and try to get an official statement from
 Tripod
 for the reasons CCADP was Texecuted.
 In the meantime...Our page is now being mirrored at two locations:
 http://members.nbci.com/ccadp/homepage.htm
 http://members.home.net/ccadp/

 WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TO FIND A WAY TO PAY FOR SERVER SPACE AND STOP
 UTILIZING THESE FREE SERVERS THAT OBVIOUSLY CANNOT BE TRUSTED.  AS ALWAYS,
 CONTRIBUTIONS CAN BE MADE BY CASH, CHEQUE, INTERNATIONAL MONEY ORDER TO :
 CCADP
 80 Lillington Ave
 Toronto ON
 M1N 3K7
 Canada

 For old Tripod links, substitute .nbci. for .tripod. in the URL to find
 the new pages.

 _________
EcoNews Service - Always online for Ecology, Consciousness & Universe
Exopolitics.     Vancouver, BC V6M 1V8
EcoNews http://www.ecologynews.com/
Prague  http://mujweb.cz/www/ecologynews/
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]