<FONT COLOR="#000099">We give away $70,000 a month! Come to iWin.com for
your chance to win!
</FONT><A HREF="http://us.click.yahoo.com/olMXHC/BJVCAA/4ihDAA/K4NVlB/TM"><B>Click
Here!</B></A>

March 30, 2001

To our readers, correspondents and supporters;
To the national and international press;

CIVIL SOCIETY TO NARCO NEWS:

Don't Give Up the Fight!

NARCO NEWS TO CIVIL SOCIETY:

On to New York City!

ANNOUNCING APRIL 18th KICK-OFF IN NEW YORK CITY:

THE DRUG WAR GOES ON TRIAL!

Dear Colleagues,

In recent weeks we have posed the question to our readers as to
whether The Narco News Bulletin, and I as its publisher, both of us
defendants in a sleazy and dishonest lawsuit brought in New York by
Banco Nacional de Mexico S.A. ("Banamex"), will be able meet our
April 9th deadline to respond to the lawsuit, or will have to default
due to the unlevel playing field of an expensive court battle with
the 289th wealthiest man in the world and his bank.

We threw the question open last week in a live online and broadcast
press conference on the "Let 'Em Talk" radio show in New York City
hosted by Miss Joanie Moossy and Paul DiRienzo.

We opened a defense fund titled Drug War on Trial.

We published appeals for funds from respected colleagues Gary Webb
and Michael C. Ruppert.

And we read every word of advice you sent us by email.

We hit the law books, and researched our chances to prevail even
against all the money in the Plaintiff's vault.

Many of you have sent checks. Some have sent one dollar or five
dollars. Others have sent more. Some have been quite generous.

And although we have not yet reached our minimum goal for the defense
fund to put the Drug War on Trial in New York City, we are getting
closer to it. We have reached the point of seriousness, of no turning
back.

That, and the passionate appeals from readers of all walks of life,
from many different countries, of different political tendencies, who
told us to keep publishing and to fight on in court.

Obedience leads. We cannot ignore the faith and credibility that you
have placed in us. We would not be able to live with ourselves if,
after the tremendous outpouring of solidarity from the readers in
these weeks, we did not live up to our mission, as presented in our
Opening Statement on April 18, 2000:

"We are out to break the manufactured consensus north of the border,
where the illusion that the drug war is about combatting drugs
remains the dominant discourse. In the South, as the stories we
translate and summarize demonstrate, a new consensus, based on the
reality of drug prohibition between nations and peoples, is already
under construction."

We wrote those words almost a year ago, on our first day of
publication. We have just read them again. The entire Opening
Statement appears at:

http://www.narconews.com/opstate1.html

We wrote those words before the President of Uruguay called for the
legalization of drugs. We wrote those words before the President of
Mexico agreed with him. We wrote those words on April 18, 2000, more
than two million hits ago, setting forth our mission. And in one
short year, we are many years closer, already, complying with that
mission; to breaking the manufactured consensus of the drug war.

Thus, The Narco News Bulletin makes the following public
announcements:

FIRST: Facing our April 9th deadline, only ten days from today, we
felt we needed just a little more time to file our response. And so,
yesterday, March 29th, we made a request of the adversary's lawyers,
our first contact with them in many weeks. We asked for a mere 10 day
extension, until April 19th, to file our response to the lawsuit.
This evening, we received an email response from the adversary
lawyer, consenting to that short extension.

ON TO NEW YORK CITY!

SECOND: Perhaps you have already noticed. April 19th is one day after
our First Anniversary of Narco News. We are going to make it to our
First Birthday.

ON TO NEW YORK CITY!

THIRD: On behalf of the entire Narco News Team, we cordially invite
you to celebrate our First Birthday at a location yet to be
determined on the island of Manhattan in New York City, on Wednesday
evening, April 18th, 2001.

¡ADELANTE!

ONWARD!

ON TO NEW YORK CITY!

FOURTH: The format, exact hour, and location of this event will be
determined in the coming days, as well as special guests, including
entertainers of conscience and talent. We welcome your energy and
assistance in planning this celebration.

ON! ON! ON! TO NYC!

FIFTH: The following day, Thursday, April 19th, we will present our
legal response to this frivilous and censorious lawsuit that has been
perpetrated by the enemies of free speech and free societies.

They thought they could silence us, but now we roar.

They thought they could bury us, but we rise up.

They thought they could gag us, but our truth, together with your
truth, makes a bigger truth that will now place the narco-system in
check.

The drug war goes on trial.

Please join us in New York City on Wednesday evening, April 18th, to
fire a shot heard 'round the world.

>From somewhere in a country called América,

Al Giordano
Publisher
The Narco News Bulletin
http://www.narconews.com/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Yes, we still need your continued support. Please make a check out
to "Drug War on Trial" and send it to:

Drug War on Trial
c/o Attorney Thomas Lesser
Lesser, Newman, Souweine and Nasser
39 Main Street
Northampton, MA 01060 U.S.A.

Or bring it with you on the 18th of April of '01

[EMAIL PROTECTED]