-Caveat Lector-

radman pull quote:

"I prosecuted Charles Manson. He was responsible for the savage murders of
innocent people. But this is worse. This is worse than John Wayne Gacy. The
magnitude of this crime is mind-boggling. These five criminals, let's call
them what they are, they belong in prison for the rest of their lives."

BUZZFLASH REPORT Saturday June 2, 2001 at 7:07:53 PM

     AN EXCLUSIVE BUZZFLASH INTERVIEW WITH VINCENT BUGLIOSI

<http://www.buzzflash.com/BuzzScripts/Buzz.dll/Content>

On Tuesday, May 29, Buzzflash conducted a telephone interview with Vincent
Bugliosi, author of "The Betrayal Of America: How The Supreme Court
Undermined Our Constitution And Chose Our President". Mr. Bugliosi's book
provides the gruesome details of the High Court's theft of the 2000
presidential election. He offers a devastating legal point-by-point
rebuttal to the majority opinion that gave the election to George W. Bush,
an opinion that is so embarrassingly convoluted that the author refused to
sign it.
Significantly, in the foreword of the book, trial attorney Gerry Spence
cautions that it is "professional death" for a lawyer to challenge the
Supreme Court.  The danger is apparently not limited to attorneys.
Mr. Bugliosi is a best selling author who has been a welcome guest on the
mainstream media during all of his previous book tours. You can find his
article "None Dare Call It Treason"
at:  <http://www.thenation.com/doc.mhtml?i=20010205&c=1&s=bugliosi>.

"This time has been different," the author told BuzzFlash.com. "I have
experienced rejections from shows that have always welcomed me in the past,
including The Today Show, Good Morning America, Larry King, Charlie Rose,
and Ted Koppel. I have pretty much been relegated to appearing on Court TV
and, ironically enough, Fox. I've been interviewed by Greta Van Susterin,
Bill O'Reilly, Hannity and Colmes, Judith Regan, and Diane Dimond. But what
I call the moderate to liberal media, from National Public Radio to the
major network shows, they don't want any part of me this time."

  WHY?

"They all give me the same mantra. 'Number one, the election is over.
Number two, Bush won anyway. No one cares anymore', they say. 'Get over
it'. It's twisted reasoning and totally illogical, but that's what they say."

  WHAT IS THE REAL REASON?

"There are two reasons. Past experience has taught me that most of the
people in media are so conformist that they literally just stop thinking
for themselves. And they are extremely stupid. They just repeat what
they've heard, and they've heard that Bush won. Secondly, most journalists
are spineless to the point that it's amazing that they can even sit up on
TV. And they fear the fanatical right. They know that the right wing is far
more mean spirited."
"The so called 'liberals' in the media are nauseating and disgusting. They
just passively absorb all of it and refuse to fight. I'm a fighter."
Mr. Bugliosi mentioned that his previous paperback book on the Paula Jones
fiasco was reviewed by the New York Times, the Washington Post, and U.S.A.
Today.
"But not this one. They don't want to touch this. They're hoping that it
goes away. But I'm not going away. I will pursue it until those five
justices are ashamed to ever show their faces in public again."

  WHY SO MUCH PASSION ON YOUR PART? WHY NOT "GET OVER IT?"

"Because this is the greatest American crime since slavery! The Supreme
Court actually ruled that Americans don't have the right to have their
votes counted. Listen carefully, because this is easy to distort, but this
is a crucial point. I prosecuted Charles Manson. He was responsible for the
savage murders of innocent people. But this is worse. This is worse than
John Wayne Gacy. The magnitude of this crime is mind-boggling. These five
criminals, let's call them what they are, they belong in prison for the
rest of their lives. They stole something that many Americans have fought
and died for. They corrupted our most precious possession - our democracy!"

  WHAT CAN BE DONE?
"We can get the word out. We can fight this asinine notion that once the
crime has been committed, it's over.
Even if Bush would have won a legitimate count in Florida, which he
wouldn't have, that doesn't excuse the crime that the Supreme Court
committed. And, as an experienced trial lawyer, I choose my words
carefully. They committed a crime. They used phony arguments to reach a
predetermined conclusion.  They lied. They knew exactly what they were
doing. Letting them off the hook just because some newspaper recounts say
that Bush would have won anyway misses the point. If you take a gun and
shoot at someone, then you can't claim that you're innocent just because
you miss them. And when you stop a vote count solely in order to put your
guy in the White House, and in my book I prove beyond any reasonable doubt
that's exactly what these five criminals did, then you can't say that it
doesn't matter because your crime turned out to be unnecessary."
"But these are disreputable people. Just one example  Rehnquist. This bum
committed perjury during his own confirmation hearing before the Senate
Judiciary Committee. Senator Kennedy confronted him with a memo that
Rehnquist had written as a law clerk for Justice Jackson. It read, 'I think
that we should argue in favor of Plessey v. Ferguson'. That's the doctrine
of separate but equal. Rehnquist then lied under oath and told the
committee that he was transcribing something that Justice Jackson had said.
But that was not Jackson's position. And Rehnquist could not produce any
other 'transcriptions'. Unfortunately, Jackson was dead. And the Democrats
let Rehnquist off the hook."

  SOUNDS LIKE ASHCROFT AND OLSON...

"Exactly. It's really disgusting. Look, the Democrats are not going to do
anything on their own, but we can't just put up with this corruption on the
Supreme Court. I am going to meet with some people about starting a
movement to begin impeachment proceedings in the House Judiciary Committee
to bring these five rascals to justice.  We have to try. We can't just let
them take our democracy away. We have to fight."

  WHAT CAN WE DO?

"Contact the media. Let them know that you care. The producer at Good
Morning America, Shelley Roth, told me that she just doesn't believe that
anyone cares anymore. It's the same old spiel  'Election's over  Bush
won  No one cares  Get over it.' But here's the thing; if the defendants at
Nuremberg would have stood up and said, 'The war's over. Let's move on,'
that wouldn't have worked. It shouldn't work in America, either."
---------
You can contact the morning television programs to ask why they won't
interview Vincent Bugliosi by going to this URL:
http://www.mediawhoresonline.com/contactinfo.htm#Television