-Caveat Lector-

On Sun, 1 Jul 2001, flw wrote:
>Rape is impossible without sexual arousal by the male.

Untrue.  There have been cases of impotent men raping women, using some
other object than their penis.

>Claiming rape is not sexual but political

I never said it wasn't sexual and I definitely never said it was
political.

What I said -- read my lips so you can get this clearly -- is that it is
a crime of dominance, power, and hatred against women, where sex is the
primary weapon.

It is a fallacy to deem rape as nothing more than sexual arousal out of
control.  Infants have been raped, as have bed-ridden elderly women in
their 90s.

>"This book is a breath of fresh air. For more than two decades we
>have been bullied by feminists abetted by social scientists to believe
>that rape is a political, not a sexual, crime.

Again, I never claimed rape was 'political', and I don't believe it is
so.  But dismissing it as nothing more than out-of-control sexual arousal
will never solve the problem of rape.

Rape is a crime of dominance and power...this is obvious in the case of
prison rape.  It is not so obvious in societal rape.  Yet until that
aspect is addressed in dealing with rapists, they will continue to repeat
their crime, and in many cases escalate to murder when rape no longer
provides the power-thrill it once did.

The case mentioned in the original post demonstrates this...even though
the rapist was castrated, which in your opinion would have solved the
problem since the man was no longer capable of sexual arousal, he then
went and attacked a woman, obviously in a sexual manner since he repeated
his modus operandi regarding the victim's bra...but unfortunately he then
went on to kill the victim.

So obviously castration by itself does NOT solve the problem of rape.
One has to get to the root of WHY these men have a need to dominate women
in such a manner, and find out the basis for their deep-seated hatred of
women.  Personally, I believe that once an adult male has reached such a
point that he's actually attacking women in such a manner, that he is
beyond being permanently 'reformed', and should be locked up forever.
But we perhaps can find out what makes them that way, so the warning
signs can be identified early in boys and teenage males...

June

Alternative Kite Radio (basic)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com