-Caveat Lector-

>A lawyer for a former girlfriend of California Congressman Gary Condit said
>late Monday that she saw evidence in Condit's apartment suggesting he
>indulged in sadomasochistic sex practices that could be linked to the
>disappearance of 24-year-old Washington, D.C. intern Chandra Levy.

"Sadomasochistic" is not necessarily the same as "autoerotic" as was
stated in another post...

>ROBINSON: Near the end of their relationship things started to really
>disturb Anne Marie. She found what she believed to be Chandra's hair in his
>bathroom. She saw other things of a sexual nature that she had nothing to
>do with and was wondering what the -- what in the world is going on. And
>then this woman disappears. She was terrified.

This statement sounds somewhat suspect, when you keep in mind that Smith
up until now claims she knew nothing about Levy before the intern's
disappearance, and only claimed a vague feeling that Condit had someone
else on the side besides the stewardess...

Now Smith says she found Levy's hair in Condit's bathroom and saw some
kinky sex toys...which implies she knew that Condit was having a
relationship with someone other than Smith and Condit's wife long
before Levy went missing...which makes Smith a potential suspect, as she
could have been jealous of the woman she felt was a real rival...

>ROBINSON: Apparently there were ties -- neckties tied together, tied
>underneath the bed -- as if someone had been tied up in bed. And that had
>never happened to my client before. And, apparently, Mr. Condit made a joke
>about it, just brushed it off. And (Smith) told me that she was very afraid
>for her life at that point.

Lots of people enjoy being tied up during sex, and for most people it
doesn't go beyond that point.  We aren't told WHAT Condit joked about,
there is just as much reason to conjecture that CONDIT was the one who
allowed himself to be tied up, Levy playing a dominatrix role, as to
conjecture that Levy was somehow a victim in these 'games'...

>ZAHN: Now, did the relationship solely end because she suspected he was
>involved with another woman? Or was there something else involved here?
>
>ROBINSON: Well, the last time they saw each other was actually in April.

Some weeks before Levy disappeared; one can assume that it was on this
April visit that Smith found Levy's hair in Condit's bathroom and the
fit-to-be-tied ties...and yet again it must be pointed out that until
this time, Smith was claiming to have known nothing about Levy, that she
(Smith) only had a 'vague feeling' that Condit was seeing someone else...

Now she admits she was at Condit's in April, and found the hair of
another woman in his bathroom and obvious signs of Condit having a sexual
relationship with another woman.

To put it plainly, Anna Marie Smith has lied.

>ROBINSON: She found a new bottle of massage oil that had been used, which
>he never used around her. She also knew that the congressman's wife had not
>been around for quite some time. And all kinds of different things.

More evidence that Smith had PROOF of Condit's relationship with another
woman, rather than just a 'vague feeling'...

>ROBINSON: Ah -- I really don't want to get into it specifically as I've
>been asked by criminal investigators not to. But apparently Congressman
>Condit had some peculiar sexual fantasies that a normal heterosexual man
>does not have.

Oh, I think Ms. Smith and her attorney might be surprised at the wide
range of sexual fantasies that normal, heterosexual men have...

But again, there's nothing in Smith's statement to imply that Condit
played the dominant role in these 'fantasies' or actual 'games'...he
could have just as likely fantasized about being dominated as have
fantasized about dominating a partner...

>That's her testimony, not mine. And we've been asked not to
>talk about that specifically. Um -- you know.

But it's perfectly okay for Smith and her attorney to spread innuendo...

>ROBINSON: His wife was in Washington, D.C., she's normally not. I think
>that may have been a ploy to keep Chandra away from his apartment so that
>whatever happened could happen.

This statement implies that MRS. Condit was involved in some manner...she
at least had to agree to come to D.C. when she normally didn't go
there...

June

Check out Alternative Kite Radio at
http://www.altkiteradio.trancetechno.com

Alternative Kite Radio (low-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Radio (high-bandwidth)
Alternative Kite Summer Beachparty Radio (it's always summer somewhere)
Alternative Kite Holiday Radio (everyday's a holiday)