-Caveat Lector-

In a message dated 7/13/01 3:13:11 PM, [EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

<< This is the kind of flimsy evidence that the oil companies want you to
believe, and
apparently William Bacon has fallen for the ploy.

Steve

On 13 Jul 01, at 7:04, William Bacon wrote:

> If present trends continue, the world will be about four
> degrees colder for the global mean temperature in 1990,
> but eleven degrees colder by the year 2000...This is
> about twice what it would take to put us in an ice age.
>  -- Kenneth E.F. Watt on air pollution and global cooling,
>      Earth Day 1970. >>

Yup. I remember thiese dire predictions when I was in high school. Back when
we got our knowledge from books and lectures, and television was in black and
white.
Now the liberals would have us believe that these predictions were wrong, and
that the earth is getting hotter. But they don't have any real proof of this
warming tread. The limited data base of ocean temps taken by satillite don't
show a warming tread.

BHoward
An armed society is a polite society