Event: JOHAN QUANJER, NEW AGE PHILOSOPHER 1934 - 2001
Date: 27-07-2001 02:45:27
A philosopher-mystic and a central figure in the New Age spiritual movement
for more than 40 years, Johan Quanjer has died in London at the age of 66.

Describing himself as a "cosmic bushwhacker", he saw parallels between his
own ideas and those of Jesus Christ, the emperor Justinian and Jean Monnet,
the founding father of the European Union.

He began his career as a visionary at the age of 2, when he had a moment of
"mystical illumination" in the hills of Java, where his Dutch-born parents
were living.

"I was riding a kouda or Javanese pony with my eldest brother," he recalled,
"and whilst looking out on a vast expanse of hills, I had ... a 'peak'
experience.

" Mentally I was out of time and space.

"I became aware that I had to fulfil a mission which included the
introduction of a new outlook and a new kind of wisdom which I had to bring
to the world."

Some might have put this episode down to a poorly cooked lunch, but it
revealed to Quanjer the essential flaw in democracy - its lack of recognition
of mankind's higher consciousness.

Society should, he thought, strive after wisdom, not material prosperity.

Accordingly he formulated his own model of political theory, which he called
Pneumatocracy, or the "rule of the spirit in governance". Since it sought to
blend politics and spirituality, it was inimically opposed to Marxism, which
denies the existence of the metaphysical.

Quanjer was ever on the alert for cracks in the communist system, studying
the daily newspapers and the music of the spheres with equal attention and
alacrity.

He was regularly inspired by both to prophesy and claimed that he had
predicted the fall of the Soviet Union and the rise of Boris Yeltsin.
Latterly he had become especially worried by the widespread increase in
Islamic fundamentalism.

>From 1970, Quanjer travelled widely in Europe and America, conducting what he
called his "Wisdom Schools" and lecturing on his beliefs.

These were based on classical platonist principles, the pragmatic potential
of which he always emphasised.

Among the influences he acknowledged were Giordano Bruno and Hermes
Trismegistus, as well as the escapologist Harry Houdini, who has taken an
interest in matters of the spirit.

In 1994, he stood for the European Parliament in the London South-West
constituency under the banner "Spirit of Europe" but was not elected.

Johan Henri Quanjer was born in Surabaya, Java, the second son of a Dutch
naval officer of Hugenot descent and his aristocratic wife.

When Johan Henri was 13, the family returned to Holland, and while his father
spent World War II serving in the Free Dutch Navy, Quanjer and his mother
lived under German occupation in conditions of near starvation. The war
strengthened his insight into mankind's need for a new form of geopolitics.

In the early '50s, Quanjer travelled to Canada, where he worked on a farm,
and then moved to Hollywood, where he began to refine his philosophy, first
set out in his tract One World, One Truth.

In 1957, he went to London, which since the days of Madame Blavatsky and the
Theosophists had been a centre for esoterics and spiritualists of every hue.

Quanjer became president of the UK UFO Society and readily acknowledged that
his living costs were largely subsidised by his aristocratic friends and
supporters, many of whom were conveniently grouped in Mayfair and Belgravia.

Quanjer was a striking, mercurial figure, with unusually large hands, whom
people warmed to quickly in spite of any initial reservations.

He had a ready, rather black sense of humour, a characteristic of the Dutch,
which he remained at heart, although his flawless clipped English never
betrayed his origins.

Quanjer never married, although he adopted a son, who lives in New Zealand.

He was comforted by his belief that his ideas would outlive him and that the
21st century would prove to be the time when his vision would prevail. "My
thoughts," he liked to think, "will endure forever."

The Daily Telegraph, London

For contributions to this Website by Johan Quanjer go to HOLISTIC POLITICS
and PNEUMATOCRACY

Event: JOHAN QUANJER, NEW AGE PHILOSOPHER 1934 - 2001
Date: 27-07-2001 02:23:27
> [...]

Quanjer became president of the UK UFO Society and readily acknowledged that
his living costs were largely subsidised by his aristocratic friends and
supporters, many of whom were conveniently grouped in Mayfair and Belgravia.

Quanjer was a striking, mercurial figure, with unusually large hands, whom
people warmed to quickly in spite of any initial reservations.

He had a ready, rather black sense of humour, a characteristic of the Dutch,
which he remained at heart, although his flawless clipped English never
betrayed his origins.

Quanjer never married, although he adopted a son, who lives in New Zealand.

He was comforted by his belief that his ideas would outlive him and that the
21st century would prove to be the time when his vision would prevail. "My
thoughts," he liked to think, "will endure forever."

For Quanjer's contributions to this Website go to HOLISTIC POLITICS and
PNEUMATOCRACY.

Event: Researchers Examine Relationship Between Brain and Religion
Date: 02-07-2001 00:18:48
Shankar Vedantam Washington Post Staff Writer
In Philadelphia, a researcher discovers areas of the brain that are activated
during meditation. At two other universities in San Diego and North Carolina,
doctors study how epilepsy and certain hallucinogenic drugs can produce
religious epiphanies. And in Canada, a neuroscientist fits people with
magnetized helmets that produce "spiritual" experiences for the secular. The
work is part of a broad effort by scientists around the world to better
understand religious experiences, measure them.
Full article can be obtained from THE WASHINGTON POST (published on June 17,
2001)

Event: THE SURVIVAL OF HOMO SAPIENS IS IN DOUBT.
Date: 09-06-2001 04:28:24
Relatively speaking the species Homo Sapiens is very young. May be about 100
000 years. In comparison, the species of the cockroach seems to have lived on
this planet for more than 300 million years.
Thousands of different species on this planet come and go. Many of them were
extinct already many years ago and other species are disappearing right now.
Why should the species Homo Sapiens be an exception to this cosmic rule?
Every Homo sapiens lives and acts somewhere on the spectrum of the human
consciousness. One extreme of this spectrum is ENLIGHTENMENT, or Unity with
the DIVINE GROUND.
The other extreme of the spectrum is ARMAGEDDON, the annihilation of the
human species through interior or exterior causes. Mankind possesses the
capability already to destroy the human species, may be ten times at present.
Homo Sapiens is living almost exclusively on the three lowest levels of human
consciousness: survival (level 1), sensations (level 2) and power, greed and
money (level 3).
Very little human beings live on level 4 : love, compassion and selflessness.
Those living on the higher levels 5, 6 and 7 are extremely rare. Human beings
who have achieved enlightenment (level 7) such as The Buddha, Jesus Christ
and a number of other avatars, can only be counted in the thousands during
the entire existence of Homo sapiens.
In our present materialistic society there is very little opportunity for
mankind to progress spiritually and to expand their consciousness beyond
level 3.
Also developments in science and technology are rarely used to expand human
consciousness, but rather to make more and more profit for the multinational
conglomerates.
To put it very bluntly, the probability of the survival of the species Homo
Sapiens at present is small and Armageddon, the extinction of the human
species, is nigh.
Only when a critical mass of Homo sapiens will attain at least level 4 of
consciousness, in a relatively short time, there still may be some hope for
survival. How higher levels of consciousness can be attained is explained in
the (non-religious) website http://www.love-or-money.org

Frans Soede, Publisher.

Event: CAPITALISM IS A HOUSE OF CARDS.
Date: 08-06-2001 01:31:05
"I think I have worked it out. Globalization is the inevitable "next stage"
in capitalism's rapacious journey for more resources, more markets, more
production, more consumption, more growth, more profits and more waste.
By its very nature, capitalism is insatiable- it demands an endless expansion
of itself until there is nothing left to support it.
Therefore, unbridled capitalism under the banner of globalization must be
seen as a dangerous threat to our intricate ecological balance- to life as we
know it. Reflect also on the sinister support role advertising and media play
in creating demands for goods- ruthlessly shaping our needs and wants and
conditioning us to always wanting more.
Capitalism is a sort of entertainment. Without consumers locked in an endless
cycle of consumptionism, it is a house of cards. Even so called "free press"
and newspapers are dependent on advertising revenues from the ever hungry
capital accumulators needing promotional outlets for their goods.
Capitalism is defining our lives, the way we live them. Finally when it
gobbles everything up, messes everything up, when we see wealth transferred
into the hands of the greedy few- it will be too late.
Capitalism will have reached the end of the line and come crashing down on
itself- leaving "the globe" in tatters. As I say, I think I have worked it
out.

Dock Holiday, Bangkok"
(Excerpted from the Letters to the Editor of The Nation, Thailand of May 18,
2001)

Comment of the Publisher:

Although the above letter is not an academic treatise on the final collapse
of capitalism, it is still a very valuable and succinct statement and good
food for thought. Selfish neo-capitalism with its obsession for more and more
money, inevitably will lead to Armageddon.

Frans Soede.

Event: THE MAXWELLS's ARE STILL AROUND !
Date: 08-06-2001 01:18:36
In November 1991, Robert Maxwell, a British financial manipulator, leapt from
the deck of his private yacht in the Atlantic Ocean, while cruising in the
Canary Archipelago. Robert was never seen again.
One of his last acts was to sell the 70 million pound pension fund of his own
employees in order to avoid his bankruptcy.
Many crooks, like Robert Maxwell, are still around today. So keep a close eye
on how your pension and other savings are invested ! We are living in
turbulent financial times and you may find yourselves on the street anytime.

Frans Soede, Publisher.

Event: DOES SHELL'S PUBLIC RELATIONS CAMPAIGN MATCH ITS BEHAVIOUR ?
Date: 25-04-2001 08:25:55
The multinational petroleum giant Shell has recently started a large PR
campaign and now invites the whole world, through the media, to give comments
on their performance (
http://www.love-or-money.org/literature/shell-capitalism.htm).

Does Shell pay for this PR campaign or is it the consumer who pays as usual?

I have only one comment, which I prefer to make publicly, so that it cannot
be manipulated by the Shell PR staff.

Has Shell decided already to sell their refined fuel for subsidized prices to
the poor Nigerians in order to enable them to cook their simple meals or use
their motorbikes?
Or do these people, who are finally the owners of all the crude oil in their
country, still have to drill holes in the pipelines in order to obtain it
illegally with all the risks involved ?

Frans Soede, Publisher.

Event: TORTURE IN USA SLAUGHTERHOUSES
Date: 17-04-2001 01:04:26
Until recently I was so naive to believe that in slaughterhouses (meat
plants) in the USA, a distinction was made between the killing of the animals
and the process of disassembling their carcasses. I thought that only when it
was proven that an animal was 100% dead, its carcass was transferred to the
disassembly line. However, an article written by Joby Warrick in the
International Herald Tribune of 12 April 2001 and titled "MEAT PLANT
MALPRACTICE: Inhuman Slaughter/Skinning Live Animals", has brutally opened my
eyes.
It appears that in most meat plants in the USA (and certainly in many other
countries), the killing of the animals, which is done by knocking or
stunning, and their disassembling are both part of the same production line.
The killing of the animal is a fast and haphazard operation with no guarantee
that it is physically dead. This practice may lead, not only to unnecessary
suffering of the animals, but even to severe accidents of the human workers,
who are hurt by the fierce physical reactions of animals which are still
alive.
It also seems to happen quite often that hogs, which are immediately dunked
into hot water after killing, squeal and kick because they are not dead and
still alive.
One of the reasons for this horrible and unnecessary torture of innocent
animals is that the owners of the meatplants are trying to save money by not
providing adequate training of their workers, the use of faulty or poorly
maintained equipment and excessive production speeds (money, no love).
"From a typical kill rate of 50 cattle an hour in the early 1900s, production
speeds rose dramatically in the 1980s. They now approach 400 per hour in the
newest plants", writes Joby Warrick in the above mentioned article.
As about 155 million cattle, hogs, horses and sheep are slaughtered every
year in the USA, it needs only limited imagination to comprehend how much
inhumane suffering is taking place.
Legally, both the USA Department of Agriculture (government) and the American
Meat Institute (meat plants industry) share responsibly for this unacceptable
conditions. which have much improved since the time of the infamous
slaughterhouses in Chicago during the 19th and the beginning of the 20th
centuries.
At that time the butchers had to wade with their boots through blood, slime
and intestines in the company of thousands of rats.
Do not worry fast food fans: McDonald and Burger King did not yet exist at
that time !!
Basically, a human being, who does not treat animals humanely, is also a
physical threat to human society.
This includes not only the workers in the meatplants, but also the foremen,
managers and especially th owners who have the ultimate responsibly for their
operations.

Frans Soede, Publisher.

Event: AN INTRODUCTION TO THE WEBSITE http://love-or-money.org
Date: 04-09-2000 02:17:04
This Website started operations on 15 August 1998 and its challenge is to
compare LOVE and MONEY and their impact on the well-being of human society.
It covers the whole spectrum of the LOVE OR MONEY DICHOTOMY. At one extreme
of the spectrum there is ENLIGHTENMENT, a state every human being
instinctively aspires to attain. At the other extreme of the spectrum is
ARMAGEDDON, the annihilation of human civilization.
Although many other Websites cover parts of this spectrum, this Website is
unique in trying to cover it in its entirety.
The Website includes:

*   a Statement of its CHALLENGE

*   a FRAMEWORK with futuristic COMMENTS

*   a FORUM for the global discussion of the dichotomy

*   a LITERATURE Segment with about 90 essays

*   THE-WHISTLE-BLOWER, commenting on actual events in the world, and

*   a Guide for LOVE or MONEY MEDITATION.

KEYWORDS OF THE WEBSITE:
Advertising, Armageddon, Art and Consciousness, Brain, Caveman,
Communication-Chameleon, Compassion, Consciousness, Consumer Society,
Corruption, Critical mass, Desiderata, Divine Ground, Drugs,
Educational-Systems, Enlightenment, Environment and Consciousness, Falungong,
Food chain, Global-Consciousness-Expansion Network (GCEN), Globalization, God
(Does God exist?), Healthcare, Holistic (Alternative) Medicine, Holistic
Education, Holistic Management Education, Holistic Politics, Homo sapiens,
Huang-Po, Human Condition, Individualism and Ho-Chi-Minh, Inequality-Ratio,
Innerways, Ivan Illich, Ken Wilber, Left Hemisphere of the Brain, Love,
Mergers, Money, Multinationals, Mysticism, Nature and Consciousness,
Neo-capitalism, NGO's (Non-Governmental Organizations), Nuclear Accidents,
Osho, Peace, Perception, Perennial-Philosophy, Power, Psychotherapy,
Quotations, Religion, Rich get richer-while poor get poorer, Right Hemisphere
of the Brain, Safe-havens, Science, Selfishness, Selflessness, Sensations,
Sexuality, Spaceman, Survival, Switzerland-The Hidden Trillions, Tantra,
Tao-Te-Ching, Technology-creation, Third-Way, UNESCO, Unified Theory, United
Nations, Waldorf Schools, Weapons-industry, Wisdom, World Economic Forum,
Yogi and Commissar.
The Publisher, Frans Soede, is a 77 years old engineer, who was born in The
Netherlands.
After having visited, or lived in, more than 80 countries during his
professional life, he considers himself as a PLANETARY CITIZEN carrying a
Dutch passport. He was a senior staff member of three United Nations
Specialized Agencies (ICAO, ILO and UNIDO) during 23 years of his career.
Khun Shatree Thananuwat, a Thai IT-specialist, acts as the Website's computer
operations consultant.
The Website is a non-profit organization and a charity. All collaborators
work on a voluntary basis. The Website is not related to any religious faith
or religious organization, but is Universal and underwrites the Perennial
Philosophy.
The number of daily visitors reached 254 on 14 March, 2001, originating from
more than 60 countries. Essays from the Website have been published by media
all over the world and are referred to by the search engines.
The Website is available in computer translated versions of Chinese
(Mandarin), French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish and Thai.
Translations into Japanese, Korean and Russian are under consideration.
It is expected that the global interest in this Website will grow rapidly,
because of the seriousness and urgency of many world problems.

Frans Soede, Publisher.

please click here to view older comments which have been moved already to the
Literature Segment
or comments referred to by search engines

© 1998-2000 Frans Soede. All rights reserved. c /o Patong Resort Suite # 532,
Phuket Thailand. Tel.: (66-76) 340 551 Fax: (66-76) 340189 |
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Web Design by thaibiz.com
-----
Aloha, He'Ping,