Hey parents, here is one alternative to day care!  Maybe she was just trying to be "her kids mom" like Dr. Laura encourages...and forgo the evils of daycare. My guess is she was just trying to save money. The only thing more offensive than her turning up the rado when the kid was crying in the trunk was that she was going to stuff her pie hole wih ice cream on a break at work and have her kids in the trunk all the way and not give them anything for fear that the co-worker who was with her might find out about her clever day care alternative...which thankfully he did anyway.  Sounds like a bad movie...

Woman Sentenced to 3 Months in Jail

By Brian Bergstein
Associated Press Writer
Tuesday, July 31, 2001; 7:04 p.m. EDT

SAN JOSE, Calif. –– A woman who repeatedly left her young children in the trunk of her car while she was at work – and once turned up the radio to drown out one boy's cries – was sentenced to three months in jail and five months of home detention Tuesday.

A tearful Rosemarie Radovan, 31, also was sentenced to five years of probation. She pleaded no contest in March to two counts of felony child endangerment.

"I know what I did was wrong," Radovan said, breaking down in tears. "I'm sorry about that. I love my children so much."

The single mother said she has been in counseling and working on her parenting skills in hopes of someday being reunited with her sons, who have been living with her parents.

Radovan was arrested in November after a co-worker told police he heard her 5-year-old son crying while he and Radovan drove to get ice cream. Radovan turned up the car's radio and kept driving – a fact that Judge Robert Ambrose said he found "particularly offensive."

Investigators determined that Radovan had left the boy and her other son, then 7, in the trunk as many as 10 times in a year while she worked at an electronics-manufacturing company in Santa Clara.

On some occasions, the car's back seat was lowered so the boys could crawl from the trunk into the passenger section, prosecutor Dan Nishigaya said. The children were never physically harmed, he said.

Regards,
Peter E Luke