From: "thew" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Wednesday, August 08, 2001 12:17 AM
Subject: Re: [CTRL] Fwd: Green Beret

-Caveat Lector-

it's not bill clinton that makes rent rise. It is new affluence.
Harlem has
gone through a real renaissance in the last 10 years. It has
upscale
restaurants, and new shops, and theaters, and the apartment
buildings are
not empty. this is what the community has been working towards for
years.
Safer more vital neighborhoods cost more. This is a basic fact in
the world
as it exists today. I cant imagine that anyone actually believes
they could
make the improvements they have made to harlem, and not have it
cause
changes to the neighborhood.  Bill Clinton and higher rents are
both
symptoms of the same cause.

...and if you don't think clinton's presence benefits the
community, you
dont understand what makes communities thrive,