Dear readers!

Here's another article from the Russian press about the US
terrorist attacks.

The URL of this page is:

                   http://eairc.boom.ru/views/pearl.html

              PEARL HARBOR II: The Technology of Manipulation
    Did Washington know about the World Trade Center attacks in advance?

                                     by
                               G. Shcherbatov

                    ARI (Agency of Russian Information),
                               Sept. 12, 2001

        Translated from the Russian, slightly abridged and modified

  Two years  ago, on the eve of the beginning of the 2nd Chechen War, when
  apartment  houses were being blown up in Moscow,  evidence surfaced that
  they  might have been  blown up  not by Chechen  terrorists, but by  the
  Kremlin,  to create a  pretext to  declare war. Now  some are voicing  a
  similar  theory in relation  to the  recent New York  terrorist attacks,
  i.e.,  that Washington itself  had a  hand in them.  If this sounds  too
  far-fetched for you, then read on.

  Live coverage  of the attack was just getting underway in  New York, and
  already  we were hearing  the words:  "Pearl Harbor, Pearl  Harbor. It's
  another  Pearl Harbor!" Just how  accurate this comparison was  could be
  judged by  the cold shiver that ran up my spine and the spines of others
  who remember their history.

  For  consumers of  hamburgers raised  on the  Hollywood version of  that
  tragedy,  "Pearl Harbor!"  is a  rallying cry  to destroy the  infidels,
  only  with Arabs this  time in the role  of the Japanese. I  can imagine
  how  fat-bottomed housewives all over America shed  patriotic tears into
  their popcorn  at the sight of those boys singing on  the Capitol steps.
  Those  more  skeptical of  official American  propaganda, however,  will
  find the following facts to be a good memory-refresher:

  On  December 7, 1941  a surprise  Japanese air-attack over  Pearl Harbor
  resulted  in   4574  casualties  (killed,  injured,  and  missing),  177
  aircraft,  two  destroyers,  two  squadron  minesweepers  and a  lot  of
  smaller  vessels destroyed. That day  went into US history as  a "day of
  infamy".  This   has  been  pounded  into  the  heads  of  all  American
  schoolchildren  for the  last 60  years. But what's  been beaten out  of
  their heads just as insistently?

  1.  On  January  27,  1941, the  US  ambassador  in Tokyo  informed  his
  government  that  "in case  of conflict  between the  United States  and
  Japan, the Japanese intend a surprise attack on Pearl Harbor".

  2.  The  legendary  Soviet  agent  Richard  Sorge  informed  the  Soviet
  Government  in October 1941  that "the  Japanese intend to  attack Pearl
  Harbor  in  the  next  60  days,"  and  received  an  answer  that  this
  information  had been  passed on to  President Roosevelt. (From  Sorge's
  admission, published in the "New York Daily News" of May 17, 1951.)

  3.  >From September  1941 until  the moment of  the attack, all  Japanese
  communiques intercepted  and deciphered by American intelligence pointed
  to the  impending attack on Pearl Harbor, but they were not passed on to
  local command:  Documents published after the war show that the American
  base  in Hawaii  was deprived  of all  information about the  inevitable
  attack.  Even such  agitprop  as the Discovery  Channel is in  agreement
  with this.

  4.  On December 1, 1941,  the head of the Far East Division  of US Naval